Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:25 am 

Would like to know if anyone has used the the Tornova with Campy? Pictures would be great, and you opinion even better.

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:25 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:23 pm 

sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm interested in this as well.. how is braking/shifting from the hoods on this bar?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:53 pm 

I've installed a set of Tornova Team Stealth bars on a friends bike with Campy mechanical. Feel and look is fine (I'll try to get a pic soon), BUT, if you are going mechanical I would strongly recommend going for the Pro version due solely to its external routing versus the internal routing of the Team version. Perhaps they modified it a bit since they first came out (hope so) but it was pretty near impossible to get the cables and housing properly routed internally with no binding. I ultimately did not even use the internal routing and taped them up externally. Personally I like a plain round tube next to the stem as it just feels better to hold in my opinion but others like the flatter top these days a lot too. Personal preference. I also like the ramp down before the hoods of a classic bend whereas these pretty much have a flat transition to the hoods, which is what my buddy prefers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:12 am 

Take Calnago's advice....just recently set up 2015 Campy mech via Tornova LTD bars with internal routing....horrible, just horrible....and after the bars, cables were routed internally in the frame....you just don't stand a chance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:38 am 

thanks for the advice! I would buy the pro version since I prefer alloy bars so the internal routing is a non-issue for me. From the pictures I saw online I'm concerned that the distance between bar and brake/shifting levers might be too big to be comfortable?

right now I'm in between the Tornova and the Ritchey neoclassic, since I'm looking for a classic bend with fairly flat transition to the hoods. Right now I'm leaning more towards the Tornova because the drops flare out a bit and I've noticed this provides me a bit more comfort while riding in the drops.