3T Ergonova Team Stealth & ARX Team + acetone

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Anders

by Anders

Searched and searched for pictures of this combination, but couldn't find any. So this goes out to the ones still searching. Initially I bought the LTD version of the bar but it looked horrible on the bike with that large grey panel. I made my own semi-stealth version of the ARX Team stem. Bar tape is black Fizik Microtex.

Weight of the bar is 213g in size 44 and stem (110mm) is 129g.

Last edited by Anders on Wed May 30, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

Looks good. I have the same exact stem and just this weekend actually took off all the decals.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by 2011

Just take them all off :) Trust me... 3T won't be too mad at you for not being a rolling advertisement for their brand.

CBJ

by CBJ

Hej Anders,

How did you remove the graphics on the stem? Sorry missed the title I guess acetone is all it took.

I got the same bar and the stealth stem coming hopefully next week. How do you like it without tape on the top flat part of the bar?

Takker!

Anders

by Anders

And you need to do it a few times as the colour needs to come up from the rough surface if that makes sense. I don't think the short bar tape was that good, as you can feel the cables on the bottom side. This is how it looks now which I find more comfortable and better looking. I can recommend the Arundel bar tape.

doomith

by doomith

Looks good! I'm going to get 3T stuff on the new bike so good to check out options ;)

CBJ

by CBJ

Looks great I think I do not need to remove anything as I ended up getting the stealth stem and the matte and shiny combo matches my frame which also has a matte and shiny black combo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yongkun

by yongkun

I am also thinking of sanding down a
World Cup series white 3T seatpost, but afraid that there will be slipping issue, because of its white paint which seems thick. Any recommendation?