Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:45 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:27 pm 

Hi there..Few months ago i was in processs of buying new bike and new parts for it.

Based on the shape of the handlebar that i like, i decide to order Zipp Service Course SL80 Handlebar (80mm rach, 125mm drop), and i really like the look of Fizik Cyrano R1 Stem, so i bough that stem in two dimensions (110mm and 120m and -7 degrees).

I installed this on Colnago C60. I really like the shape, it's comfortable except the front end feel so flexy when i ride on fast downhills (lets say faster then 55 km/h). The whole handlebar is so flexy that i feel that dont have control on the bike and feel like noddle... I had a situation going down 65 km/h and side wind made the sitation even worst...

I cant feel this flexyness going up, only going downhill (im 76 kg).I can notice this flex also when i try to push the handlebar left-right bike beeing in place and not riding at all..

So becouse this is totaly not good feeling, and i feel dangerous as well, i want to solve this problem.

I started to check the Zipp Service SL stem, and realized that is 1 cm wider in width on clamping area then my Fizick Cyrano R1 or other stems i have (most of the stems i have are 37mm width, and Zipp Service Course SL is 47 mm).

I guess this make the whole handlebar more stiff.

The problem is that i dont like Zipp Service Course SL stem at all, and i think wont look nice on my C60.

So this is possible solutions:

1. To buy Zipp Service Course SL Stem even i dont like it, and even dont match my C60 (with Colnago Seatpost), and to hope that this would solve the problem i have

2. To switch maybe to Fizik Cyrano R3 or R1 Carbon handlebar Bull shape (80 mm reach, and 130 mm drop), and to hope that would be comfortable as handlebar i have now, and also to hope that it would be stiff enough to have stable downhill..

3. To switch to Deda SuperZero stem (look very beefy, but dont like the fact that front plate is not single peace), and to hope it would solve my problem.

4. To switch to Deda Zero 100 Handlebar and Stem and to hope that would be comfortable even it have 5 mm shorter reach and 5mm deeper drop, and to be stiff enough.

The other brands that have very similar shape as this Zipp Service Course SL is FSA or Ritchey but never had any experience with them, so dont know how stiff they are.

I also look 3T handlebars/stem, but the handlebar shape look so different that the shape im riding now, and also dont have experience how stiff they are.

So what do u think is best solution to have stiff and stable front end on downhills, to keep comfy position i have now and in same time to match aesteticaly the bike i ride (Colnago C60 50S, MHRD). Im fine if it's carbon or alloy

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:34 am 

I can't imagine either the stem or bars are the issue with the perceived flex. Is the headset properly preloaded? Are the interfaces torqued properly? How much do you weigh. What have you previously ridden for comparison.

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:34 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:59 am 

NiFTY wrote:
I can't imagine either the stem or bars are the issue with the perceived flex. Is the headset properly preloaded? Are the interfaces torqued properly? How much do you weigh. What have you previously ridden for comparison.

Yes, everything is torqued properly:

- 2 nm Headset (and no any play when i grab the front brake, or no play when i hit the bump or something)
- 5 nm Stem Bolts

Also im using Loctite (blue one), on the threads of the bolts of the stem.Maybe to try to tighten the headset bolt a bit more? (but i dont need it's needed, since no play when i grab the front brake..)

Im 76 kg in this moment, before this i was riding Most Handlebar Jaguar Alloy (more then 300 gm weight, and very stiff), and Most Stem.

And seem, the play is coming from the handlebar or stem (or both) (u can actually feel it how flexy the handlebar is even when i dont ride the bike, but pushing left-ride while bike is just standing) and is very scary on higher speed and side wind in same time.