Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:13 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2922 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1191 192 193 194 195
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:50 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Wilmington, DE
Klaster1 wrote:
joejack951 wrote:
Every flat mount fork just has two blind tapped holes for mounting the caliper like that one.

That was worth a mention because apparently some forks do not require an adapter, like Teammachine SLR Disc. Who knows, maybe this design will become more widespread in the future.


Haha! I should have known that somewhere there existed a flat mount fork that eliminated the adapter. I can't see that becoming standard, though. #1, it's ugly. #2, I doubt it saves much if any weight by the time you account for the longer mounting bolts. #3, it forces a 160mm rotor which is a big weight gain if someone could otherwise use a 140mm rotor.


Top
   
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:14 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:23 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Fremont, CA
kidrob wrote:
lwk wrote:
grymg wrote:
Ended up getting a painted matte red FM008 for $602 shipped on aliexpress. Still owe the seller $10 for the headset since it didn't come with it. Hopefully can sell my used Cervelo S2 frame to pay for all of it.

Quite interested to see some pics of your frameset :thumbup:

Good choice! Should have colored mine, too! Looking forward to see your build!


Well the seller had the 54cm BSA FM008 already in stock but is quoting me 25 days to apply the paint. Oh well. I really didn't want a murdered out black look (even w/custom stickers) so ok to wait.

Based on my spreadsheet should be 13.8lb with pedal power meter and Di2 battery being the weight hogs (I just swapped out my current 1100g frame weight with new 883g weight). Gonna be a long month!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 169
Location: Belgium
grymg wrote:
kidrob wrote:
lwk wrote:
grymg wrote:
Ended up getting a painted matte red FM008 for $602 shipped on aliexpress. Still owe the seller $10 for the headset since it didn't come with it. Hopefully can sell my used Cervelo S2 frame to pay for all of it.

Quite interested to see some pics of your frameset :thumbup:

Good choice! Should have colored mine, too! Looking forward to see your build!


Well the seller had the 54cm BSA FM008 already in stock but is quoting me 25 days to apply the paint. Oh well. I really didn't want a murdered out black look (even w/custom stickers) so ok to wait.

Based on my spreadsheet should be 13.8lb with pedal power meter and Di2 battery being the weight hogs (I just swapped out my current 1100g frame weight with new 883g weight). Gonna be a long month!

Well, I waited for about 3 months as size 58 with BSA was out of stock, so 25 days for a custom paint is not too shabby ;)

Don't forget to create a build log/gallery and I be super interested to get to know what you payed for taxes/customs :)

_________________
My bike


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:35 pm
Posts: 155
anyone have any thoughts on this bike? I have yet to see one built up.

WCB-R-148

I like that it does not have the priority headset and handlebar as there other aero frames, and it can it 28mm tires. Geo looks pretty agressive which I like and the weight is good

Image

http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 5/137.html


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:28 am
Posts: 24
waltthizzney wrote:
[url][/url]
prendrefeu wrote:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-NEW-full-carbon-fiber-road-bicycle-frame-T1000-UD-carbon-bike-frame-bike-combo-frame/32834076204.html

That's the seller.

Here's my receipt (I had an additional $2 off coupon from AliExpress that I used) :
Image


that is not a fm066.....


That's an absolute bargain! Let us know how it rides.... can't be any worse than all of the other chinese open molds.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:03 pm
Posts: 13
Anyone know of any aero road disc frames yet? I've seen several aero road, and a few disc (adventure, CX, or sometimes road). The problem I find is that the CX tends to have post mount and QR, the adventure and road has a mix of QR back or 12mm but with 15mm thru axle front. I'm just not finding anything it seems. Hongfu, dengfu, workswell.

What I'd like (might not exist yet)
- aero styled frame
- 12mm Road thru axle front and rear
- flat mount disc brakes for 160mm front and rear

Does anything like this exist yet in open mold or is this a next year thing?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:41 am
Posts: 272
kwakekeham wrote:
Anyone know of any aero road disc frames yet? I've seen several aero road, and a few disc (adventure, CX, or sometimes road). The problem I find is that the CX tends to have post mount and QR, the adventure and road has a mix of QR back or 12mm but with 15mm thru axle front. I'm just not finding anything it seems. Hongfu, dengfu, workswell.

What I'd like (might not exist yet)
- aero styled frame
- 12mm Road thru axle front and rear
- flat mount disc brakes for 160mm front and rear

Does anything like this exist yet in open mold or is this a next year thing?

Workswell 081 is highly customizable,
Normal Rim brake, Direct Mount brake, Disc brake
BB Type: BSA(68mm)/BB30(68mm)/PF30(68mm)/BB86
Front hanger: 100*9(QR) 100*12/100*15 (thru axle)
Rear hanger: 135*10(QR) 142*12(thru axle)
http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 116/6.html
i believe you can even select disc brake fork pair with rim brake frame or vice versa.
I have a Direct mount version size 49 and i can confirm it's greatness of how it perform (not how nice the finish is), especially the clearance for 30mm tire despite the aero look!


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:11 pm
Posts: 12
Hexsense wrote:
kwakekeham wrote:
Anyone know of any aero road disc frames yet? I've seen several aero road, and a few disc (adventure, CX, or sometimes road). The problem I find is that the CX tends to have post mount and QR, the adventure and road has a mix of QR back or 12mm but with 15mm thru axle front. I'm just not finding anything it seems. Hongfu, dengfu, workswell.

What I'd like (might not exist yet)
- aero styled frame
- 12mm Road thru axle front and rear
- flat mount disc brakes for 160mm front and rear

Does anything like this exist yet in open mold or is this a next year thing?

Workswell 081 is highly customizable,
Normal Rim brake, Direct Mount brake, Disc brake
BB Type: BSA(68mm)/BB30(68mm)/PF30(68mm)/BB86
Front hanger: 100*9(QR) 100*12/100*15 (thru axle)
Rear hanger: 135*10(QR) 142*12(thru axle)
http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 116/6.html
i believe you can even select disc brake fork pair with rim brake frame or vice versa.
I have a Direct mount version size 49 and i can confirm it's greatness of how it perform (not how nice the finish is), especially the clearance for 30mm tire despite the aero look!


I second this. The 081 is available in the axle and disc configuration. Still building mine up. You can order and combo of TA, BB, and brake mount.

They say rear tire clearance is max 25mm, but you might be able to go slightly bigger.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:41 am
Posts: 272
Wildh wrote:
Hexsense wrote:
kwakekeham wrote:
Anyone know of any aero road disc frames yet? I've seen several aero road, and a few disc (adventure, CX, or sometimes road). The problem I find is that the CX tends to have post mount and QR, the adventure and road has a mix of QR back or 12mm but with 15mm thru axle front. I'm just not finding anything it seems. Hongfu, dengfu, workswell.

What I'd like (might not exist yet)
- aero styled frame
- 12mm Road thru axle front and rear
- flat mount disc brakes for 160mm front and rear

Does anything like this exist yet in open mold or is this a next year thing?

Workswell 081 is highly customizable,
Normal Rim brake, Direct Mount brake, Disc brake
BB Type: BSA(68mm)/BB30(68mm)/PF30(68mm)/BB86
Front hanger: 100*9(QR) 100*12/100*15 (thru axle)
Rear hanger: 135*10(QR) 142*12(thru axle)
http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 116/6.html
i believe you can even select disc brake fork pair with rim brake frame or vice versa.
I have a Direct mount version size 49 and i can confirm it's greatness of how it perform (not how nice the finish is), especially the clearance for 30mm tire despite the aero look!


I second this. The 081 is available in the axle and disc configuration. Still building mine up. You can order and combo of TA, BB, and brake mount.

They say rear tire clearance is max 25mm, but you might be able to go slightly bigger.

I find 25mm very understated, atleast on my size 49 direct mount brake (rear under bb) version (which may have different tail and bb area than other version).
Vittoria Corsa G+ 28c on 21mm internal width with actual width of more than 30mm fit fine with room to spare. It start to get bit hard to install/remove rear wheel due to the tirecatching bb brake's arch.
Behind seat tube, it shape as concave channel which truncated far in where center of the tire is. That give illusion of tire almost touching the frame when look from the side but it's actually not.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:11 pm
Posts: 12
I have 25mm on a size 56 and there is a couple mm of space. I'd bet 28mm would fit on mine but it'd be tight and I'm thinking on even a light Sprint I'd be flexing the wheels where the tire may contact the walls of the aero flare. Either way, it's a very nice bike.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:41 am
Posts: 272
Wildh wrote:
I have 25mm on a size 56 and there is a couple mm of space. I'd bet 28mm would fit on mine but it'd be tight and I'm thinking on even a light Sprint I'd be flexing the wheels where the tire may contact the walls of the aero flare. Either way, it's a very nice bike.

oh, so that give the reason why the rating of 25mm is there.
I guess 75 degree seat tube angle of small size version helps a lot.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 8496
Location: Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California
prendrefeu wrote:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-NEW-full-carbon-fiber-road-bicycle-frame-T1000-UD-carbon-bike-frame-bike-combo-frame/32834076204.html

That's the seller.

Here's my receipt (I had an additional $2 off coupon from AliExpress that I used) :
Image



...and it arrived today, basically within 10 days of ordering. The finish is perfect on first inspection. After some research it's a duplicate of a Cerv--- R3 from 2016, not too bad to be honest. It's "electronic" ready, but I'll be covering up those holes anyway with my 'custom' "paint job" since this will be a commuter. :lol: The frame & fork are painted to a matte black.

Anyway, weights:

Frame (the steel water-cage bolts removed), no BB, with derailleur hanger, with internal-routing-cable guides, size 54: 934.g
Fork, uncut: 409.1g (f'n heavy)

Since this is a commuter, I'll keep the fork even though it's quite on the heavy side.

Headset was included, but it's f'n heavy. I have a lighter one available anyway.
Seatpost was included, I'll use that for sizing until I have my fit dialed in, then it's a special trick to get rid of it.

_________________
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2922 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1191 192 193 194 195

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Guide me to the best open mould frame (super light and super stiff)

in Road

KOMwannabe

8

1127

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:11 pm

KOMwannabe View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Weird Lightweight Chinese Steel Frame - CLR6200 Reynolds 520

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

waltthizzney

15

2009

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:43 pm

ernestkus View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. updated recommendations on open mold frame suppliers

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

apctjb

15

1699

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:22 pm

apctjb View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Chinese Di2 Disc

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

Ticlimax

36

4399

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:12 am

Ticlimax View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Chinese Speedplay replacement titanium spindles

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Shrike

29

3745

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:02 am

SampsC50 View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jwfinesse and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited