Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hgw20

by hgw20

Error....

hgw20

by hgw20

Hi friends, i ve just received the 066sl, it weights 950gr with rear hanger and cable stops. (Size 58)
I have just one question regarding the cable stops. Im using di2 and Hong fu, included me three extra stops, but I think are exactly the sale that are mounted con the frame (which are quite heavy btw).
Can anybody show me the differences between both cable stops types?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

amey

by amey

The difference is hole size; 1 is made for a ferrule/outer to sit with cable passing and other one is for the Di2 grommet and Di2 cable to pass ..
I stupidly drilled mine for Di2 as it requires a bigger hole and then realized that they had provided me with Di2 specific cable stops.

hgw20

by hgw20

amey wrote:The difference is hole size; 1 is made for a ferrule/outer to sit with cable passing and other one is for the Di2 grommet and Di2 cable to pass ..
I stupidly drilled mine for Di2 as it requires a bigger hole and then realized that they had provided me with Di2 specific cable stops.

Thanks my friend. I've just checked the additional cable stops and are exactly the same that are mounted on the frame so I don't know how to distinguished which are my stops.

uploadfromtaptalk1423943334528.jpg

Both are the same, aren't they?

Here are the three extra stops I received
uploadfromtaptalk1423943283815.jpg

Here u have some pics of both cable stops I have received, the hole is around 0.5/0.6cm in diameter so I think corresponding to the di2 stops, but not sure. Can anybody check it?

If they are, as I suppose, for the di2, when the di2 grommet passes it, the cable (which is thinner than the hole) will stay loose in the hole right?

P.s. excuse me for my English, I hope u can understand me[emoji5] [emoji5] [emoji5]

hgw20

by hgw20

Another thing, being this a WW forum, nobody has tried to replace these heavy cablestops? I have been looking a cervelo r5 frame and the holes are exactly the same shape than ours, (see atached pdf)
http://www.cervelo.com/media/docs/Rca-S ... ba9d-0.pdf

I am looking for these cablestops but I couldnt find anywhere:

Im also trying to do a DIY cable stops, but the ideal may be finding these carvelo cable stops, lets see if someone can find them

trychle

by trychle

I want to give my thumbs up to Hongfu here. After happily riding my own FM066SL for half a year, I decided to built another one (a FM069 this time) for my mum. Surprisingly, the toptube of this frame cracked during the second ride. She did not crash, so the cause of this crack is still unknown. Hongfu was happy to replace the frame. They had the frame painted the way I ordered the original one and sent it to me before I knew it.

Pretty happy with the result:

Evo400

by Evo400

Would you have any pictures of the old frame crack?

Thanks

siriz75

by siriz75

Also roughly when did you purchase the original fm069?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trex021

by trex021

hgw20 wrote:I am looking for these cablestops but I couldnt find anywhere:

Im also trying to do a DIY cable stops, but the ideal may be finding these carvelo cable stops, lets see if someone can find them
hgw20, those exact Di2 cable stops came with my Workswell Cervelo R5 knockoff. You should send them an inquiry if you can't find the stops locally. info@workswellbikes.com

Have you tried a local Cervelo dealer? That would be a lot easier I'd think.

hgw20

by hgw20

trex021 wrote:
hgw20 wrote:I am looking for these cablestops but I couldnt find anywhere:

hgw20, those exact Di2 cable stops came with my Workswell Cervelo R5 knockoff. You should send them an inquiry if you can't find the stops locally. info@workswellbikes.com

Have you tried a local Cervelo dealer? That would be a lot easier I'd think.

Thanks, As u say, I have found them at a cervelo dealer. I havent tried the covers yet bit I wish they fit un the 066sl holes

sjoerdverbraak

by sjoerdverbraak

trychle wrote:I want to give my thumbs up to Hongfu here. After happily riding my own FM066SL for half a year, I decided to built another one (a FM069 this time) for my mum. Surprisingly, the toptube of this frame cracked during the second ride. She did not crash, so the cause of this crack is still unknown. Hongfu was happy to replace the frame. They had the frame painted the way I ordered the original one and sent it to me before I knew it.

Pretty happy with the result:

Very nice color! What kind of bottle cages does she have?

trex021

by trex021

Not a Hongfu but hopefully it's alright to post it in this thread :)

Workswell WCB-R-066. It's a Cervelo R5 copy. I finished it last weekend. Loving it so far.

crn

by crn

My recent build: Hongfu FM066SL 54cm, BSA BB, Chorus11, Zonda

Last edited by crn on Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

upside

by upside

Nicccce.

dumptruk

by dumptruk

Such slick bikes, I wish major brands released frames with little or no graphics on them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com