Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2984 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1195 196 197 198 199 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 8540
Location: Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California
And who told you that?

_________________
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.


Top
   
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:10 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:41 pm
Posts: 4
What do you guys think about this aero CR01 from Miracle? https://miracle-bikes.en.alibaba.com/pr ... Frame.html

The weight seems OK, but I’m not too sure with what to compare to.

I’ve been looking for an aero bike to run with di2; think I’ve decided to go rim brakes. I like the full internal cables but I’m a bit worried it might mess up the rear brake, but then again it’s mounted under the B.B. so less sharp turns. The geo seems pretty similar to other aero frames but not as low as Canyon’S aeroad.

Any comments? Any experience with Miracle? I’ve bought from China before but never from them.

I also looked the 095 from Workswell but found some negative reviews here in this thread. If you’ve got any other suggestions please do enlighten me.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:02 am
Posts: 282
Location: Brisbane
What the heck is that tangent screw?
It's on the wrong side for a fd adjuster
And 1.5" top and bottom headset?

_________________
Chapter 2 Tere
Scott Spark 720plus


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:35 pm
Posts: 13
That looks like a huuuge cutout on the bottom of that integrated stem/handlebar... are we sure they are at least copying a proven structurally sound design?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:41 pm
Posts: 4
Didn't even think about the tangent screw being on the wrong side, not that it matters with Di2, but it does tell you something about how well thought through the frame design.

Whats wrong with 1-1/2 to 1-1/2 headset? Never had that before, but is there an issue to it? This Workswell has the same http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 17/13.html

Any other suggestions?


Perhaps I'll skip the internal cables through the handlebar and go with Workswell WCB-R-081 or 145.
http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 6/127.html
http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 5/137.html


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:02 am
Posts: 282
Location: Brisbane
I guess there isn't anything wrong with a 1.5"/1.5" headset, it's just weird/nonstandard and you probably need to ensure they give you enough spacers for whatever your fit is.

_________________
Chapter 2 Tere
Scott Spark 720plus


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:56 am
Posts: 8
Got everything ready to go except for the frame
I ordered and paid roughly 1 month ago so maybe ill get lucky and itll come before the new year (probably not though)
Its full of dodgy aliexpress parts that I know some people will love
I plan to replace the bars once I get my fit sorted
A friend got one of the xcadey power meters and they are actually pretty good (numbers are line with my hammer and 4iiii power meter)
I'm only racing on my mtb so roady is mostly used on the trainer.

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:44 pm
Posts: 78
d36 wrote:
Got everything ready to go except for the frame
I ordered and paid roughly 1 month ago so maybe ill get lucky and itll come before the new year (probably not though)
Its full of dodgy aliexpress parts that I know some people will love
I plan to replace the bars once I get my fit sorted
A friend got one of the xcadey power meters and they are actually pretty good (numbers are line with my hammer and 4iiii power meter)
I'm only racing on my mtb so roady is mostly used on the trainer.

Image
Weights still missing:
-headset
-expander
-rim tape
-bar tape
-through axles

Have the same frame at home. Waiting for the right brakes to build it. Can you let me know how close the front disc is to your fork with the Novatec hubs? Mine is awfully close...


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:56 am
Posts: 8
Ticlimax wrote:
d36 wrote:
Got everything ready to go except for the frame
I ordered and paid roughly 1 month ago so maybe ill get lucky and itll come before the new year (probably not though)
Its full of dodgy aliexpress parts that I know some people will love
I plan to replace the bars once I get my fit sorted
A friend got one of the xcadey power meters and they are actually pretty good (numbers are line with my hammer and 4iiii power meter)
I'm only racing on my mtb so roady is mostly used on the trainer.

Image
Weights still missing:
-headset
-expander
-rim tape
-bar tape
-through axles

Have the same frame at home. Waiting for the right brakes to build it. Can you let me know how close the front disc is to your fork with the Novatec hubs? Mine is awfully close...
Will do

How long of a wait did you have for your frame?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:44 pm
Posts: 78
d36 wrote:
Ticlimax wrote:
d36 wrote:
Got everything ready to go except for the frame
I ordered and paid roughly 1 month ago so maybe ill get lucky and itll come before the new year (probably not though)
Its full of dodgy aliexpress parts that I know some people will love
I plan to replace the bars once I get my fit sorted
A friend got one of the xcadey power meters and they are actually pretty good (numbers are line with my hammer and 4iiii power meter)
I'm only racing on my mtb so roady is mostly used on the trainer.

Image
Weights still missing:
-headset
-expander
-rim tape
-bar tape
-through axles

Have the same frame at home. Waiting for the right brakes to build it. Can you let me know how close the front disc is to your fork with the Novatec hubs? Mine is awfully close...
Will do

How long of a wait did you have for your frame?
A pretty long time, but that's because they had some doubts whether a 28mm tire would fit. In the end, I realised I'm not planning on riding a 28mm tire, so I told 'm to just send it. There was a lot of back and forth then. When it was finally shipped it only took two weeks to get to me in Europe (XDB shipping). On a positive note: weights were close to the estimate (906g for a 54 and 319 for the fork).


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:57 pm
Posts: 3
Hi,

Does anybody has experience with Carbonda?
I am seeking a TT frame with fully integrated cable routing (from the bars) with hidden brakes preferably disc brakes. This what I found only: http://carbonda.com/road/tt/tr/75.html

Any other proposal or advise is highly appreciated!

Thanks


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:04 am
Posts: 725
Image

Gorgeous looking frame!

_________________
Belgian Flag S-Works Tarmac viewtopic.php?f=10&t=144553

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Posts: 1
There is so much great information on this thread, so first of all thank you to all of you who have spend copious amounts of time posting!

So far it seems that the new 066 Evo / FM008 is the go to for a lite road frame. But what about an aero frame?
回复 from Tantan/LT/Seraph suggested the TT-X11 which apparently is better than the FM268. Has anyone tried this? Alternatively can anybody recognise if it's a "copy" of an existing frame?

It weighs 1020g so not too heavy.

http://www.tantancycling.com/index.php? ... w&p_id=537
Attachment:
HTB1OdRRQpXXXXchaXXXq6xXFXXXE.jpg
HTB1OdRRQpXXXXchaXXXq6xXFXXXE.jpg [ 115.71 KiB | Viewed 644 times ]
Attachment:
0E03927C-E43C-44AC-981F-BFE184B0D5E8.jpg
0E03927C-E43C-44AC-981F-BFE184B0D5E8.jpg [ 156.18 KiB | Viewed 644 times ]


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:33 am
Posts: 47
silvalis wrote:
What the heck is that tangent screw?
It's on the wrong side for a fd adjuster
I know what you are saying and imho the FD is left and the RD is right, however I have seen many european bikes with the FD in the right side and then the cables cross inside of the frame. I wonder if it is to make the curvature of the cables less pronounce to shift better, I have not find any explanation why they do it.


Top
   
Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:51 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:02 am
Posts: 282
Location: Brisbane
speedyvelo1 wrote:
silvalis wrote:
What the heck is that tangent screw?
It's on the wrong side for a fd adjuster
I know what you are saying and imho the FD is left and the RD is right, however I have seen many european bikes with the FD in the right side and then the cables cross inside of the frame. I wonder if it is to make the curvature of the cables less pronounce to shift better, I have not find any explanation why they do it.
I've cabled up bikes with a cross half way down the downtube. You get a higher radius at the head tube as you run the gear cables across the ht - and if you subscribe to continental braking (LH Front) you can bind all the cables together. The greater radius is especially noticeable with shitty cables. I haven't done it with current gen cables as they are pretty good.

The problem I have with that bike is the cabling is routed through the stem and the pictures don't look like they let it cross at the bar/stem, meaning you'd have to cross it further down - and it doesn't look like you gain any advantage from crossing further down at the head tube as you've already done a tight bend in the stem.

_________________
Chapter 2 Tere
Scott Spark 720plus


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2984 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1195 196 197 198 199 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Guide me to the best open mould frame (super light and super stiff)

in Road

KOMwannabe

8

1780

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:11 pm

KOMwannabe View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Weird Lightweight Chinese Steel Frame - CLR6200 Reynolds 520

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

waltthizzney

15

2619

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:43 pm

ernestkus View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Disc brake TT open mold frame

in Road

szabozed

10

903

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:47 pm

akafinto View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. updated recommendations on open mold frame suppliers

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

apctjb

15

2345

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:22 pm

apctjb View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Chinese Di2 Disc

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

Ticlimax

40

5943

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:23 am

Ticlimax View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jacobeh and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited