Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Evo400

by Evo400

siriz75 wrote:
Great looking bike!

Can you confirm which FSA headset you are using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I used FSA Orbit C-40/48 CF

Its much better fit and quality then supplied Neco headset

I got it from here:

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;menu=240%2C247;backlink=109%7C1%7C%7C240%2C247%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C;product=31326

siriz75

by siriz75

Great thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

charlietrotter

by charlietrotter

Top cover.....10mm or 15mm?

Evo400

by Evo400

charlietrotter wrote:Top cover.....10mm or 15mm?

Mine is 15mm

glepore

by glepore

Just sheared an 066 derailleur hanger, have a spare but want to replace it. Does anyone know the Wheelsmith equivalent or another source?
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

pushstart

by pushstart

glepore wrote:Just sheared an 066 derailleur hanger, have a spare but want to replace it. Does anyone know the Wheelsmith equivalent or another source?

After looking pics and emailing them photos, the Wheels Mfg #148 is what I ordered as backup for my FM-166 (not sure, but suspect that is same hanger for the FM-066).

I found the stock hangers to be very soft/easy to bend, though I bent mine back into shape and haven't put on the #148 yet.

glepore

by glepore

:beerchug:
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

KheSanh

by KheSanh

New to the forum so hello everyone.

Just ordered a Hongfu FM069 frameset and their carbon handlebars, stem and spacers.

Ordered SRAM rival groupset, my wife has it on her bike and she loves it. I was considering the new 105 but I got the Rival for the same price so Rival it is.

Pedals are the new 105 ones.

Wheels will be my Zondas on my current bike.

Thinking of going for the Planet X ultra saddle, any thoughts on that saddle or better suggestion welcome?

Snapped my tendon in my left thumb yesterday while out on a ride, surgery tomorrow so not sure when I'll be up to building the bike but will post some pics when I get the frameset and when I start the build. Not sure how much it will weigh when finished but shouldn't be too bad I would think and should help gong up hills a bit quicker.

Cheers,

Mitch

Just ordered a VELO Senso VL-1200U MILES R saddle, basically the same saddle as my old saddle but with Titanium rails and as I got on well with the old one until it started creaking I thought it best to go with it. It's the same as the Planet X Ultra saddle but hasn't got the stiffer carbon rails and is all black and looks nicer. Comes in at 186g so happy with that.

VQ30DE

by VQ30DE

KheSanh wrote:New to the forum so hello everyone.

Just ordered a Hongfu FM069 frameset and their carbon handlebars, stem and spacers.

Ordered SRAM rival groupset, my wife has it on her bike and she loves it. I was considering the new 105 but I got the Rival for the same price so Rival it is.
Welcome and congrats. Rival is lighter than 105 and even Ultegra, so it's a great deal in my opinion.

Snapped my tendon in my left thumb yesterday while out on a ride, surgery tomorrow so not sure when I'll be up to building the bike but will post some pics when I get the frameset and when I start the build. Not sure how much it will weigh when finished but shouldn't be too bad I would think and should help gong up hills a bit quicker.
That's a shame. I crashed my MTB yesterday but am OK except for a scratched up face. Broke my helmet! I hope you get back on the road soon.

Just ordered a VELO Senso VL-1200U MILES R saddle, basically the same saddle as my old saddle but with Titanium rails and as I got on well with the old one until it started creaking I thought it best to go with it. It's the same as the Planet X Ultra saddle but hasn't got the stiffer carbon rails and is all black and looks nicer. Comes in at 186g so happy with that.
That seems like a very light saddle that is relatively cheap. The question is, how comfy is it?
Using Tapatalk

KheSanh

by KheSanh

Thanks, hope I can at least get back on the turbo trainer but I doubt I'll be back on the road or in the gym for a while.

The same saddle was on my old bike, just rebranded and it's pretty comfortable on longer rides. Not sure how it compares to more expensive offerings though.

ITTY

by ITTY

ITTY wrote:Got my frame today. BB looks to be the correct dimensions to me. 45mm NDS and 34mm DS. See photos below:

Just trying to figure out how to get these damn included BB bearings out.

Reporting back. Just got back from the first stage race of the season in which the bike was faultless (although I flatted 3 of my 4 tubulars). The BBRight seems to have been spaced perfectly fine. I installed my Quarq Elsa with only the wavy washer on the non-drive side and the standard 13mm spacer on the drive side. My frame weighed 852 grams with RD hanger, seatpost collar, and cable stops. As far as handling, etc. the bike felt like a race bike should.
Moloko Plus 6.24 kg

"We haven't located us yet"

VQ30DE

by VQ30DE

ITTY wrote:
ITTY wrote:Got my frame today. BB looks to be the correct dimensions to me. 45mm NDS and 34mm DS. See photos below:

Just trying to figure out how to get these damn included BB bearings out.

Reporting back. Just got back from the first stage race of the season in which the bike was faultless (although I flatted 3 of my 4 tubulars). The BBRight seems to have been spaced perfectly fine. I installed my Quarq Elsa with only the wavy washer on the non-drive side and the standard 13mm spacer on the drive side. My frame weighed 852 grams with RD hanger, seatpost collar, and cable stops. As far as handling, etc. the bike felt like a race bike should.
Thanks so much! What frame size is it? I am probably going to order my 58 in the next few days.
Using Tapatalk

ITTY

by ITTY

It is a size 51. The longer rake on the fork felt a little weird to me at first since there isn't much trail, but I got used to it quickly. I think it makes the bike a little more comfortable, too.
Moloko Plus 6.24 kg

trex021

by trex021

ITTY, what front dérailleur do you have? Glad to hear it worked out

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ITTY

by ITTY

Campy 11sp Chorus. Chainline and shifting are just fine.
Moloko Plus 6.24 kg