Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

prendrefeu wrote:Well, I ordered one FM066 (or one of its variations) T1000 version off of the AliExpress sale for $289USD shipped.
I figured I could build up a new commuter with some spare parts. :D

Can u please post the aliexpress link where u order from?

Thanks

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-NE ... 76204.html

That's the seller.

Here's my receipt (I had an additional $2 off coupon from AliExpress that I used) :
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grymg

by grymg

Ended up getting a painted matte red FM008 for $602 shipped on aliexpress. Still owe the seller $10 for the headset since it didn't come with it. Hopefully can sell my used Cervelo S2 frame to pay for all of it.

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

[url][/url]
prendrefeu wrote:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-NEW-full-carbon-fiber-road-bicycle-frame-T1000-UD-carbon-bike-frame-bike-combo-frame/32834076204.html

That's the seller.

Here's my receipt (I had an additional $2 off coupon from AliExpress that I used) :

that is not a fm066.....

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

Reporting that the FM066 from Tan Tan aka the R01 fits 28mm GP4000ii on a 17.5mm internal rim, dont think they would fit on my carbon 19mm though, they are probably closer to 31mm right now

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

waltthizzney wrote:[url][/url]
prendrefeu wrote:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-NEW-full-carbon-fiber-road-bicycle-frame-T1000-UD-carbon-bike-frame-bike-combo-frame/32834076204.html

That's the seller.

that is not a fm066.....

Well, whatever, the geometry works for me and the price will build up a nice commuter.

Honestly don't mind.

uraqt

by uraqt

@prendrefeu

I don't think anyone has proved that that bike isn't a real R3/R2.. If it is a copy, the person how did sure spent their time and did it right.

It will be great to get your review... :)

C

grymg

by grymg

uraqt wrote:@prendrefeu

I don't think anyone has proved that that bike isn't a real R3/R2.. If it is a copy, the person how did sure spent their time and did it right.

It will be great to get your review... :)

C

It's not exactly the same, but the geometry is pretty close, also has the FD and RD entry points inboard which I like the look of. Plus the hidden seatpost clamp looks nicely hidden and aero. Anyways I was just looking for a better climbing option than my S2 and this fits the bill nicely with the minimalist rear triangle and down tubes. I think someone mentioned this in a earlier post but I could either spend $2000 on a new R3 frame from my LBS or $2000 on three of these Hongfu frames. Worth the risk for me.

Even then, I was totally still considering spending $2K on an R3. But the last straw was I wanted to use my existing Di2 crankset, it's not a straight swap onto the BBright BB so probably had to stick with a Rotor 3D from the LBS.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

grymg - were you responding to the wrong post? ;)
You are not me.

:lol:

uraqt

by uraqt

@grymg

The down tube cable entries are the same as my R5. As far is can tell the geometry is the same... I am guessing that 73.1 vs 73 is a language issue.

C

lwk

by lwk

grymg wrote:Ended up getting a painted matte red FM008 for $602 shipped on aliexpress. Still owe the seller $10 for the headset since it didn't come with it. Hopefully can sell my used Cervelo S2 frame to pay for all of it.

Quite interested to see some pics of your frameset :thumbup:

kidrob

by kidrob

lwk wrote:
grymg wrote:Ended up getting a painted matte red FM008 for $602 shipped on aliexpress. Still owe the seller $10 for the headset since it didn't come with it. Hopefully can sell my used Cervelo S2 frame to pay for all of it.

Quite interested to see some pics of your frameset :thumbup:

Good choice! Should have colored mine, too! Looking forward to see your build!

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

While looking for a lighter disc fork I've got some interesting info on WCB-R-093 I did not see here yet:
  • Here are photos and schematics.
  • Fork weight at the frame page is actually for a rim-brake version, the disc fork weights 370±10g.
  • It has an integrated crown race (45 degree) and requires a flat-mount adapter, you can't mount flat-mount caliper directly onto the work.
  • You can order the fork separately for 90USD (add shipping price to that).

joejack951

by joejack951

Klaster1 wrote:[*]It has an integrated crown race (45 degree) and requires a flat-mount adapter, you can't mount flat-mount caliper directly onto the fork.[/list]

Every flat mount fork just has two blind tapped holes for mounting the caliper like that one. Most manufacturers (Shimanom, SRAM, TRP, etc.) use an adapter for the front caliper such that the same caliper can be used front and rear and so that either a 140 or 160mm rotor can be used. Campagnolo chose to make a special front caliper that does not require an adapter but that also means you must use a 160mm rotor.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

joejack951 wrote:Every flat mount fork just has two blind tapped holes for mounting the caliper like that one.

That was worth a mention because apparently some forks do not require an adapter, like Teammachine SLR Disc. Who knows, maybe this design will become more widespread in the future.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com