Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

CS-R008 frameset all sizes in UD matt with BB86 on sale now, only 300 USD/ set excluding shipping , two years warranty: http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1578
web: www.xmcarbonspeed.com
Email: bellajian@foxmail.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ghyselinckr

by ghyselinckr

lockxchg wrote:
This is how it came on mine. I tried with the replacement hanger and it certainly allows screwing in from both sides but only the cassette side has a thread so I guess that's what you want it to screw into.

They certainly lack some QC in attaching these extra pieces, the derailleur hanger braze on was also a bit loose on mine. Make sure to tighten all those and check the cable housing entry ports.

Thanks, now solved and works like a charm. I also had to tighten the front derailleur hanger, but cable ports were perfect on mine. This weekend the weather will be nice so perfect to try her out!

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

lockxchg wrote:They should be on the outside:

This is how it came on mine. I tried with the replacement hanger and it certainly allows screwing in from both sides but only the cassette side has a thread so I guess that's what you want it to screw into.

They certainly lack some QC in attaching these extra pieces, the derailleur hanger braze on was also a bit loose on mine. Make sure to tighten all those and check the cable housing entry ports.

Protruding screws are so full of fail-they should be countersunk.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

waltthizzney wrote:review of the LTK118 / FM686 / Ribble SL

https://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/reviews/ ... II4xRJC.97

Interesting that the Ribble SL is the same frame as thisbike. How can one be certain that the frames that Ribble uses are indeed the ones sold by LT?

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

iamraymond wrote:
waltthizzney wrote:review of the LTK118 / FM686 / Ribble SL

https://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/reviews/ ... II4xRJC.97

Interesting that the Ribble SL is the same frame as thisbike. How can one be certain that the frames that Ribble uses are indeed the ones sold by LT?

tan tan literally sent me a photo of the production line (both use flybike)

Kaboom

by Kaboom

is the LTK118 / FM686 / Ribble SL the same frame as the VB-R-077 from velobuild?

I'm liking that review above. I very much doubt it'll be any harsher than the CAAD9 I'm riding now, and the price and weight are right!
This can be built down to under 6kg with Red, light tubular wheels and very little else in the way of exotic components...

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

iamraymond wrote:Interesting that the Ribble SL is the same frame as thisbike. How can one be certain that the frames that Ribble uses are indeed the ones sold by LT?

Why would LT go through the trouble of replicating a mould to mimic a bike pushed by a house brand?

unlucky

by unlucky

shadwell wrote:Just ordered a Hongu FM-066 SL framset to replace my old scandium travel / training hack / bike.

I'm confident with the geometry and sizing, and the source and location doesn't concern me, neither does the QA...
there is a reason they are lower cost.....

Was interested if anyone else has ordered / recieved / ridden this frameset yet, and if so how was it...

I will be transferring all the old runing gear and wheels over... HED ardenes SL, 3T stem bars and seat post... SLR saddle, ultegra / dura-ace grouppo...etc.....

Any good info... google searces don't yield much in the way of ride reports....

My wife and I tried 3 dengfu frames which made 15lbs bikes. 2x Fm098 and a newer model. The fm098 is great. Softer than a $5000 frame yes, but unless you're getting paid to push pedals, the frame is amazing. I've been hit by 2 cars this past year. I'm still riding the frame. It does have a little BB crack though, which led to the 3rd frame.

The third frame I had painted. Which put the tolerances out on the seat post. Dengfu was awful, I basically ate the frame and it's just a pretty paper weight.

So, 3 frames at $400-500=$1400. One of those is worthless. Two are amazing. I still saved money.

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

I wouldn't buy anything from velobuild

maxxevv

by maxxevv

wowamj wrote:I dont believe chinese thing. They have too many imtation product

Then you are looking at the wrong thread.

Plenty of legitimate Made in China big brands out there for you to choose from. :welcome:

Kaboom

by Kaboom

waltthizzney wrote:I wouldn't buy anything from velobuild

Please elaborate?

AZR3

by AZR3

I bought my F10 clone from Velobuild and couldn’t not have been happier with the process. Every email was answered quickly and they even sent me pics of the frame after it was painted, I didn’t ask them too but Chris at Velobuild wanted to make sure it was what I wanted. Overall I could not have been more pleased with their service.

Tadders

by Tadders

Been riding my Workswell 095 frame about 5 times, she was riding real nice, fast and solid but now the fork / headset has movement. Anyone else had experience of this?

My mechanic says it looks like the fork bearing is rubbing inside the frame. The fork bearing and frame have a beveled face which should prevent movement but he thinks it might be out of spec. It's like it doesn't fit the frame securely enough. Gutted!
Attachments
BLINK2.jpg

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

Asked for pricing on Workswell's R-147 frame over the weekend-no response so far.

joejack951

by joejack951

Tadders wrote:Been riding my Workswell 095 frame about 5 times, she was riding real nice, fast and solid but now the fork / headset has movement. Anyone else had experience of this?

My mechanic says it looks like the fork bearing is rubbing inside the frame. The fork bearing and frame have a beveled face which should prevent movement but he thinks it might be out of spec. It's like it doesn't fit the frame securely enough. Gutted!

Headset bearing preload prevents movement. If you have movement, you didn't preload the bearings enough. Go through the procedure and add tension until you start to feel drag. Then back off just enough to get things smooth again. Tighten your stem and you should be good to go.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com