Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ghulands

by ghulands

Yes please on the photos.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rms13

by rms13

I have logged about 300 miles and 21K feet of climbing on my build and I am very happy with my decision to buy and build the Workswell. My Baixiang wheels are also great so far. I also just added a chinese spider style saddle
Attachments
IMG_0196.JPG

attila

by attila

rms13 wrote:I have logged about 300 miles and 21K feet of climbing on my build and I am very happy with my decision to buy and build the Workswell. My Baixiang wheels are also great so far. I also just added a chinese spider style saddle

wow, sick bike! Awesome color combo.

attila

by attila

rms13 wrote:I have logged about 300 miles and 21K feet of climbing on my build and I am very happy with my decision to buy and build the Workswell. My Baixiang wheels are also great so far. I also just added a chinese spider style saddle

Why did you choose Baixiang wheels ??? are those the best among the Chinese brands?

trex021

by trex021

Very VERY nice job rms13!

rms13

by rms13

attila wrote:

Why did you choose Baixiang wheels ??? are those the best among the Chinese brands?

They seemed to have a good reputation amd they were $450 for 1400g 38mm 25mm wide wheels. Yoeleo and Farsports seem to have more reputation but cost a lot more and I'm cheap

jamesbass

by jamesbass

trex021 wrote:Where to start? You didn't remove the factory BB, RD hanger, and seat post clamp and you think 1040g is heavy? It's not. My 831g Workswell was stripped to get to that weight.

Sure. It wasn't really a complaint, just an observation. At first I was quite shocked that those parts could add up to that much but I was warned about the BB.

Not too bothered at the moment. The BB can be swapped out later if I really get picky.

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

I just got my Workswell frame and I'm confused with BB? What I need to be able to use my campagnolo Chorus Ultra Torque? I got my frame BB not installed.

trex021

by trex021

Google Campagnolo Ultra-Torque BBright Bottom Bracket

EdwardMunster

by EdwardMunster

Hello...First time user on here. Just received my very first open mold carbon frame today and I'm a little disappointed.

It's a hong fu FM066 58cm, and as soon as I unboxed it, I noticed a scratch on the top tube. Around the scratch you can see that there is no UD Coverage over the weave.

What do ya'll think?
Will Hong Fu consider this a defect and send me a new frame?

I'm new to the forum and it's not letting me attach an image url.

EdwardMunster

by EdwardMunster

EdwardMunster wrote:Hello...First time user on here. Just received my very first open mold carbon frame today and I'm a little disappointed.

It's a hong fu FM066 58cm, and as soon as I unboxed it, I noticed a scratch on the top tube. Around the scratch you can see that there is no UD Coverage over the weave.

What do ya'll think?
Will Hong Fu consider this a defect and send me a new frame?

I'm new to the forum and it's not letting me attach an image url.

Here's a link to scratch picture:

http://i.imgur.com/IOOMsYk.jpg

Krull

by Krull

@rms 13: looks great.
is this model WCB-R-066? can it be, that the geometry is slightly different to hong fu fm066sl?
thanks, regards

Marin

by Marin

EdwardMunster wrote:

Here's a link to scratch picture:

http://i.imgur.com/IOOMsYk.jpg

That's just a scratch in the paint.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

If you send it back cos of this you'll looking at a whole load of complications, at the very least it's a waste of money effort and time... I'll say live with it...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

rms13

by rms13

Krull wrote:@rms 13: looks great.
is this model WCB-R-066? can it be, that the geometry is slightly different to hong fu fm066sl?
thanks, regards

Thanks. It is WCB-R-066 and I'm not sure if the geometry is different from the hongfu

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com