Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kidrob

by kidrob

Received this from Hongfu in case this be in someone's interest
Dear Friend

In order to celebrate The Thanks Giving Day, we have a discount on FM109(TM6), will end on Thanks Giving Day~

From today to end of this month, we have a promotion on our super light road frame FM008.

Original price is $580

After discount:$520

if you are interested in the price and the product, pls feel free to contact with me.

Greatwhite7

by Greatwhite7

I am going to get a frame from Tan Tan at this stage.
I plan to run Campagnolo Record 10 speed on it as I have it.

Is there anything I need to ask them or be aware of?
ie no complications with Campag 10 speed?!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JUKKA2668

by JUKKA2668

First time poster in this forum. Been reading tons of pages of about open mould topics here.

My friend and I purchase 3 frames from this Aliexpress Tantan cycling . 2 aero frame and 1 lightweight frame of which the lightweight frame looks exactly like Ribble SL.

Had my aero frame for 3 month now.

Only complaint is some cable housing noise from inside the frame when I turn steerer to maximum angle which wont happen during ride. And occasionally squishy soft feeling when started ride outdoor, could be the compliance feeling from seat stay . BB is stiff as hell tho but no stiffer than SL6 test bike.

Whole build around should be no more than 7.5kg , built around ultegra 8000, and china tubular wheels from friend which I dont have any info of it.

I am not vouching for this brand if you can afford branded bike go for it. I just want the best bang for my $.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2017-11-25 at 11.33.30 AM.jpeg

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

JUKKA2668 wrote:Image

First time poster in this forum. Been reading tons of pages of about open mould topics here.

My friend and I purchase 3 frames from this Aliexpress Tantan cycling . 2 aero frame and 1 lightweight frame of which the lightweight frame looks exactly like Ribble SL.

Had my aero frame for 3 month now.

Only complaint is some cable housing noise from inside the frame when I turn steerer to maximum angle which wont happen during ride. And occasionally squishy soft feeling when started ride outdoor, could be the compliance feeling from seat stay . BB is stiff as hell tho but no stiffer than SL6 test bike.

Whole build around should be no more than 7.5kg , built around ultegra 8000, and china tubular wheels from friend which I dont have any info of it.

I am not vouching for this brand if you can afford branded bike go for it. I just want the best bang for my $.

How is your friend liking his Ribble SL Type Frame?

Pinokio

by Pinokio

ghyselinckr wrote:Image

Almost done...

Please tell me is this Size 59 frame?
Head tube is 180mm?

If so, do you know weight of the frame?

Btw. Looks great!

Thank you!

grymg

by grymg

My FM008 came in on Saturday, I ordered it from the 11/11 sale and with paint it only took 21 days to arrive. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the purchase. No cracks found, paint quality is good, dimensions are just right, and weights are on point. The only thing I would change right now is for the rear brake line entry point to be on the left side of the top tube so the brake line can wrap around the left. Also, a hole entry point on the front water cage would be nice for the Di2 battery, and the FD and RD holes slightly larger so I don't have to cut and resolder my Di2 cables.

Weights (with matte red paintjob):
FM008 frame: 911g (54cm)
FM008 fork: 344g (uncut)
FM008 seatpost: 216g (uncut, 350mm)
headset minus topcap: 76g

Right now my weight spreadsheet says 13.9lb (6.35kg) before cutting the fork tube and switching to a lighter seatpost.
Attachments
IMG_0032 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0033 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0034 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0040 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0041 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0043 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0049 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0051 - Copy.JPG

Miller

by Miller

grymg wrote: Also, a hole entry point on the front water cage would be nice for the Di2 battery, and the FD and RD holes slightly larger so I don't have to cut and resolder my Di2 cables.

Just take a file to the frame holes and enlarge them, you don't want the hassle of cutting di2 cables.

kidrob

by kidrob

grymg wrote:My FM008 came in on Saturday, I ordered it from the 11/11 sale and with paint it only took 21 days to arrive. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the purchase. No cracks found, paint quality is good, dimensions are just right, and weights are on point. The only thing I would change right now is for the rear brake line entry point to be on the left side of the top tube so the brake line can wrap around the left. Also, a hole entry point on the front water cage would be nice for the Di2 battery, and the FD and RD holes slightly larger so I don't have to cut and resolder my Di2 cables.

Weights (with matte red paintjob):
FM008 frame: 911g (54cm)
FM008 fork: 344g (uncut)
FM008 seatpost: 216g (uncut, 350mm)
headset minus topcap: 76g

Right now my weight spreadsheet says 13.9lb (6.35kg) before cutting the fork tube and switching to a lighter seatpost.

Looks great, looking forward to the build! Looking at the weights compared to my unpainted one, whats the framesize?

grymg

by grymg

Frame size is 54cm.

Too late, I cut my wires already! I was going to have to drill the hole so large to fit the older 7970 connectors anyway. I'm perfectly ok with my soldering and heat shrinking skills as I do it often on my R/C cars. (Also had to do the same type of job on my previous bike, lots of leftover wiring in my toolbox)

grymg

by grymg

Finished the initial build last weekend. Some of the components I added (stem, handlebars, seatpost, saddle, water cages) are just placeholders, will replace with unbranded matte black versions later.
I cut down the seatpost to save 37g. After cutting the carbon steerer tube (cuts 20g), was dissapointed to find out I can't use my 6g star washer so had to go with a super heavy 37g expander plug. Oh well, it's for safety anyway.

So far so good... After an initial ride, it has a much stiffer response than my old bike for sure. I guess I just lucked out with this KO frame.

Final weight with Kinlin XR200 clinchers: 13.8lb
with Zipp 404 clinchers: 14.7lb
Attachments
Frame weight with internal wiring and headset
Frame weight with internal wiring and headset
Climbing setup
Climbing setup
w/heavy zipp clinchers
w/heavy zipp clinchers

kidrob

by kidrob

grymg wrote:Finished the initial build last weekend. Some of the components I added (stem, handlebars, seatpost, saddle, water cages) are just placeholders, will replace with unbranded matte black versions later.
I cut down the seatpost to save 37g. After cutting the carbon steerer tube (cuts 20g), was dissapointed to find out I can't use my 6g star washer so had to go with a super heavy 37g expander plug. Oh well, it's for safety anyway.

So far so good... After an initial ride, it has a much stiffer response than my old bike for sure. I guess I just lucked out with this KO frame.

Other than the bartape super nice! ;) Looking at my bike for comparison its also a super nice weight! You have a parts list?

grymg

by grymg

Haha, yeah the bartape was white at one point. Will be replaced by black eventually, and the white zipp decals removed to create an all red/black setup.

Here's the list.
Frame FM008 54cm 911
Seat Post FM008 179
Fork FM008 324
Headset unbranded 76
Expander plug unbranded 37
Spacers unbranded 5
Steer Cap Prestine 6
levers di2 ST-7970 259
Battery Di2 70
Front cable di2 SM-EW79A-E 19
Rear cable di2 EW-7970-M 80
straps+zipties 7
Rear derailleur di2 RD-7970 222
Front derailleur di2 FD-7970 121
Crankset Zipp vuma quad 50/34 512
BB Zipp ceramic 69
Cassette Dura Ace CS-7900 184
Chain KMC X10SL 52 links 226
Rear brake KCNC C7 83
Front brake KCNC C7 84
Brake cable + hsg Alligator ilink 56
Pedals Favero Assioma 298
Wheelset Kinlin XR200 1250
Rim tape Aeroplug yellow 8
Skewers Control Tech Ti 47
Tires Conti GP4000 IIs 410
Tubes Conti Race Light 154
Handlebar unbranded 400mm 31.8mm 200
Stem unbranded 100mm 6deg 31.8mm 144
Tape Deda Traforato 44
Saddle unbranded 100
Computer mount SRAM Quickview Garmin mount 19
Water Cages unbranded 38
Misc 20

BigPoser

by BigPoser

grymg wrote:Finished the initial build last weekend. Some of the components I added (stem, handlebars, seatpost, saddle, water cages) are just placeholders, will replace with unbranded matte black versions later.

Looks great! What brand is that? You had mentioned FM008, but is it Dengfu?

silvalis

by silvalis

seraphs are tan tan/longteng

If you still want a light expander, look on ebay for J&L Expanders
Chasse patate

grymg

by grymg

A little buyer beware using Aliexpress to buy frames, I was told that some of the sellers are selling factory rejects / B-grades, so always best to buy directly from the source. Unfortunately I was told that after I placed the order. I did save $162 by not going direct though.

I was looking at that J&L expander but it seems to me that the two sharp edges would cut into the carbon the minute you start to tighten the stem. The specialized seems like a good one, but not sure of the weight.
https://mikesbikes.com/product/speciali ... 5805-1.htm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com