Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pizzayum

by pizzayum

Just got a dengfu R01. It came with tubes for the internal routing for both derailleurs and the rear brake. This is my first go with internal routing, do I need to cut the tubes down? They seem long. Or do I route the cables through and then pull out the tubing?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

The second one. They're there to pull the cables through, no more. Keep them for cable changes, it'll save a bit of a faff later on.

On the other hand, cut them back and they'll lessen cable noise inside the frame over bumps and such. Up to yourself, really.

pizzayum

by pizzayum

MisterMuncher wrote:The second one. They're there to pull the cables through, no more. Keep them for cable changes, it'll save a bit of a faff later on.

On the other hand, cut them back and they'll lessen cable noise inside the frame over bumps and such. Up to yourself, really.

Thanks! I figured as much, but didn't want to screw up my shifting.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

spliid

by spliid

When I received my third frame from China they finally had put tubes in there. Believe me it was the best thing ever. I only use them when routing new cables. I pull them through and then pull them out. Next time they can be used again. I would for sure not cut them and put them in the frame. On my electronic cables going through I used strips to avoid noises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HazeT

by HazeT

Calvaroz wrote:
rpenmanparker wrote:If you care, you can get a much lighter BB adapter like the FSA one. I haven't noticed any seat post deflection. You know that the seat post clamp goes on backwards, right. That is, the bolt for tightening it is in front of the post, not behind it. Of course if we are just talking about bending, that will depend upon both the exposed length of post and the diameter. I wouldn't expect a 31.6 post to bend as much as a 27.2 on. Heck, that is one reason to like using a smaller diameter post. That flex makes for comfort.

I might change the BB: i can hear a slight creak after a couple of hours on the trainer. I hope it's an installation problem and not the bb.

for the seatpost, I would say about 20cm showing, I replaced it with an alloy deda for trainer use before deciding which seatpost is gonna be used in the final build.

The bending on the provided seatpost with my weight on the saddle is significant enough to mess with my fit.

I installed a wheels mfg bbright on mine right out of the box, so far no creaking at all. I've also heard that BB Inifinite is awesome.

eugenefirestone

by eugenefirestone

Anyone have a picture of the tire clearance with 25mm tires on the Workswell?

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

eugenefirestone wrote:Anyone have a picture of the tire clearance with 25mm tires on the Workswell?

Sorry for the crappy photos, but it was really hard to get "in there" to show you the clearance. Then I had to crop and brighten. These are 25 mm tubulars (Vittoria Corsa CXs). Clearance is fine, but I wouldn't try to go larger.

Last edited by rpenmanparker on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Robert

sinill

by sinill

Product name : 2013 new road HF-FM066
Item : HF-FM066
Details :

2013 new road HF-FM066

Size:45/48/50/52/54/56/58/60cm
headset: top 1-1/8" down 1-1/2"
BB: BSA or BB30

Can fit DI2 ,Normal weight 950-1050g,Super light:
780-920g.

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

Here is clearense in front with Conti 25mm clincher. Too tight in my opinion...

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

Why too tight? If it doesn't touch, it doesn't touch.
Robert

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

Well,
have you ever got loose spoke, or broken spoke? Small stones tend to stick in the tyre now an then... Shit happens

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

kampiakseli wrote:Well,
have you ever got loose spoke, or broken spoke? Small stones tend to stick in the tyre now an then... Shit happens

I've never found those things a problem. I've never broken a front spoke and the rear spacing is a little wider. But I carry a spoke wrench to help bring the wheel into better alignment for getting home. Regarding stones, never one big enough to make a difference in a road tire.
Robert

eugenefirestone

by eugenefirestone

Thank you guys, seems tight but doable.

Anyone here with a 56 size frame who put it on the scale before build? seems like most are running 51 or 54.

chalkie

by chalkie

My FM066SL was 903 grams. Size 56, BSA. Fork weighed in at 360 grams.

eric

by eric

My BB30 56cm FM066SL from a couple years ago was 920g with hanger.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com