Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2877 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1170 171 172 173 174192 Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:00 am 

Workswell WCB-R-095 arrived! More images are here: http://imgur.com/a/UWhtL

I feel the frame and the fork are noticeably more noodle than Giant TCR Adv 2009 (not riding feel, just I grabbed the front / rear end). TCR Adv is much lighter than WCB-R-095.

Attachments:
IMG_0990.jpg
IMG_0990.jpg [ 5.12 KiB | Viewed 2124 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:58 am 

preferthecar wrote:
oldmac wrote:
I have just built my gravel bike, the frame was from Workswellbikes.

That's hawt! Nice work. Give us the details!

Frame and Fork/ Size / Year:
Workswellbikes WCB-C-112/size49/2016(The frame is 1154g and the fork is 419g)

Handlebars / Stem:
Easton EA70(40cm)/3T ARX PRO 90mm 17degree

Hub / Rim / Tire:
Chosen CX Hub(100×15 Thru Axle front and 142×12 Thru Axle rear )/Xiamen Disc Brake rim 38mm(510g)/ Panaracer CG CX

Crankset / Bottom Bracket:
Shimano Ultegra 6800 165mm/Shimano Ultegra BBR60 BSA

Saddle:
Specialized Toupe Ti rail

Pedals / Chain:
Shimano XT M8000/Shimano HG700

Shifters / Derailers:
Shimano Ultegra 6800 Shifters/Shimano Ultegra 6800 Deraileurs (Middle Cage Rear)

Cassette Sprocket:
Shimano Ultegra 6800 11-32T

Brakes:
TRP HYD ROAD Flat Mount(160mm disc front,140mm disc rear)

The 100×15 front Thru Axle is not the same as MTB, it's shorter. I bought a second hand RockShox Maxle Stealth Front Axle,then modified it and replaced the stock axle. It's much lighter! I am going to make an rear axle too. You can find more pictures at here:http://s131.photobucket.com/user/megatronhe/library/Gravel%20Bike?sort=3&page=1. I will keep on updating, thanks for wacthing.

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:58 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:30 pm 

What did you do to the maxle? Just thread it further up the axle so lengths match?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:58 am 

If that frame is like my Hongfu FM-079-F with 15mm front thru axle there is a Rock Shox Maxle Stealth made to fit (M15x1.5mm thread x 125mm long). Cost $35 or so.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:32 pm 

silvalis wrote:
What did you do to the maxle? Just thread it further up the axle so lengths match?

This is the difference between two axles. I cut the Maxle to be the same lenth as the stock axle, then rethread it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:29 pm 

Has anyone built WCB-R-095? I cannot find how can I mount junction box.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:42 am 

oldmac wrote:
preferthecar wrote:
oldmac wrote:

ok, wow, this is sexy! How did the communication with Workswell go regarding the color, what did you ask them to do?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:52 pm 

Here is a great video of some guy reporting about the process and unboxing some Dengfu frame I thought is worth sharing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVrczXtTtrA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:39 pm 

iwata74 wrote:
Workswell WCB-R-095 arrived! More images are here: http://imgur.com/a/UWhtL

I feel the frame and the fork are noticeably more noodle than Giant TCR Adv 2009 (not riding feel, just I grabbed the front / rear end). TCR Adv is much lighter than WCB-R-095.

Will be interesting to see how this frame works once your build is ready. Stiffness, weight and comfort are interesting evaluation points.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:03 am 

kidrob wrote:
oldmac wrote:
preferthecar wrote:
oldmac wrote:

ok, wow, this is sexy! How did the communication with Workswell go regarding the color, what did you ask them to do?

I communicate with Workswell through Email, they send me a website with lots of color sample,I pick up which I want. If you want some logo on your bike,you need to send the digital logo to them.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:20 am 

Sorry, beginner question and hopefully in the right thread: How do I find out/calculate stem length/degree?

I am about to order the AC066 from Ican (http://www.icanbikes.com/html/Competiti ... k_desc_tab), size 58...

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:09 pm 

Looking to part out my WCB-R-081 and sell the frame size 54. The bike is comfortable but I will start doing triathlons so I'm going to be getting a TT bike as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:09 pm 

kidrob wrote:
Sorry, beginner question and hopefully in the right thread: How do I find out/calculate stem length/degree?

I am about to order the AC066 from Ican (http://www.icanbikes.com/html/Competiti ... k_desc_tab), size 58...

How did you decide on a size 58? Do you own a bike that fits you well and do you hope to duplicate that fit or change things up? Without a baseline for size, all we can do is guess. There is no one perfect bike 'fit' either. You could be happy with a range of stem lengths and angles on the same frame. If you are new to cycling, plan on experimenting with different stems to find the best one for you and your intended purpose (the latter of which can change from ride to ride). And keep in mind that handlebars affect reach as much as stem length. Don't ignore those measurements when considering how your new bike will fit.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:08 pm 

joejack951 wrote:
kidrob wrote:

How did you decide on a size 58? Do you own a bike that fits you well and do you hope to duplicate that fit or change things up? Without a baseline for size, all we can do is guess. There is no one perfect bike 'fit' either. You could be happy with a range of stem lengths and angles on the same frame. If you are new to cycling, plan on experimenting with different stems to find the best one for you and your intended purpose (the latter of which can change from ride to ride). And keep in mind that handlebars affect reach as much as stem length. Don't ignore those measurements when considering how your new bike will fit.

Hmm, ok, thanks for the quick reply!

Well, the old one is size 60 and a Canyon Ultimate AL, so kinda a different type of bike...

In the end I am struggling a bit atm as Ican just told me they cant offer me BSA and only BB86.
I am now in contact again with Hongfu ($100+ more expensive) but cant decide between the FM066 and the FM069 :roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:46 pm 

kidrob wrote:
Hmm, ok, thanks for the quick reply!

Well, the old one is size 60 and a Canyon Ultimate AL, so kinda a different type of bike...

In the end I am struggling a bit atm as Ican just told me they cant offer me BSA and only BB86.
I am now in contact again with Hongfu ($100+ more expensive) but cant decide between the FM066 and the FM069 :roll:

Ignore the manufacturer's 'frame size.' Those are taken so many different ways and the measurement in general is meaningless to how the frame will fit. What you need to mostly consider is the horizontal and vertical distance from your saddle to the shift levers. There are many factors that play into the former measurement but in general, it is determined by the 'reach' of the frame plus your stem length/angle/orientation and handlebar reach dimension, and, of course, how you position your saddle on the seatpost. If you don't have the 'reach' dimension for the frames you are comparing you'll need to look at top tube length but adjust for different seat tube angles, if they don't match.

The latter (vertical) dimension is determined a similar number of factors including the 'stack' dimension of the frame, headset top cap height, any spacers you install, plus stem length/angle/orientation.

Needless to say, it's a bit complicated if you want an accurate picture. One of the best things you can do is to draw the frames in 2D and compare with various stems, spacers, and bars in that manner. I can assist you with that if needed. Or you can just look at the various dimensions, get something close enough, and adjust to suit. You'll likely be doing some of the latter regardless.

I can attest to the quality of the frames Hongfu produces. From what I've read, they tend to be more expensive but they also produce a cleaner frame, especially on the inside, which is important for internal cable routing. I had no issues (due to the frame/fork itself) running the internal cables on my FM079-F. The only slight issues I had were due to using compressionless brake housing, but that isn't Hongfu's fault.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:46 pm 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2877 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1170 171 172 173 174192 Next