Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

g0t0

by g0t0

For the ease of use or practicality this is true for sure, on the other hand I agree that aligning them with the frame looks better (for pictures ;) )

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hilts

by hilts

Does anyone know which derailleur hanger hongfu use on the FM069?

pastronef

by pastronef

wrong url sorry

pastronef

by pastronef

here's my Nextie Bike frame

Tom-s

by Tom-s

Could anyone confirm that the Flyxii FR320 or HongFu FM079 do fit a 25C tire on a wider rim (so 27mm or maybe slightly more in reality)?
Looking for a disc road frame and being able to run 25C Michelin Pro 4 front and rear is a must.

pushstart

by pushstart

I cannot comment on those specific frames; however, I think my fork on my FM166 is the same as the FM079 -- and the fork is definitely the limiting factor for me. That said, you should be fine (assuming same fork) with 25c. I was running Conti GP4000S 25c tires on 24.5mm rims -- they measured around 27mm. Tight, but probably could have fit a tire measuring 28mm. That would be about the limit, though.Image

FM166 frame clearance is more generous (than fork).

Tom-s

by Tom-s

Thanks Pushstart for the input. I saw these foto's earlier in this thread but i'm not sure how they translate to the FM079.
When i asked Jenny from Hongfu today she told me only 25c would fit and if they were 27mm in reality the tires wouldn't fit.
Also thank you for your blog, it helped me in sourcing road disc frames.

Edit: And according to a fellow ww member the FR-320 frame is ok with 25C tires.

pushstart

by pushstart

Oh, ok. Sorry to repost, didn't realize I had put those in this specific thread :). Yeah, I don't know. The clearance is definitely close on the fork, so probably makes sense that they say "no" officially. I switched back to 23mm tires (so measuring ~25mm) on my road bike, actually, since I didn't see much need/benefit to the larger volume on that bike. My commuter/CX bike runs larger volume, so that is my go-to solution if I an doing an ride that needs better flat protection, etc.

I am glad the blog was helpful too! Good luck; I certainly am very happy with my move to road disc. I doubt I will ever own another rim-brake bike, unless it is some classic restoration project or something.

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

I am thinking about one of these little gems. Is there anybody that has one with a 52cm top tube that they could share a picture? All you tall guys have your big bikes posted here and it is hard to get a overall impression of how it looks built in a smaller size.

Kind of an odd request however it sure will help me.

Scott
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

Is there anyone who drilled the cable holders and ran full housing for rear brake?

I recently bought 2015 Chorus groupset for my FM066SL frame, and thinking if full housing will be smoother...
Also similar "gadget" under the BB for better rear shifting maybe?

Anyone? Anything?

Marin

by Marin

All I would expect from running full housing is more friction and more weight.

You can probably just leave the cable stops out instead of drilling them to run full housing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric

by eric

You could leave off the cable stops but it'd look ugly and leave large openings into the top tube.

Full housing will have more friction, not less. The purpose of it is to keep dirt out of the housing. That could be useful for a CX bike or MTB but on a road bike it's not needed. Besides the cable stops seal the top tube pretty well. If you're worried you could apply a bit of waterproof grease to the housing and the edges of the stops to seal them up.