Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

Break out the magnifying glass and a light and have an up close look. It looks like a scratch in the picture, but best to be sure.

seanblurr

by seanblurr

No noticeable change in sound between sides. I put a sharpie dot on either end so I can monitor if it changes size.
Instagram @seanblurr

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Elrey

by Elrey

Nice! I wouldn't fear it.
When do we see full bike and spec list?
Last edited by Elrey on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seanblurr

by seanblurr

I was hoping I could take it out for a photoshoot tomorrow but it is suppose to rain out here in Italy, should have done it today but I rode instead! Hopefully Monday if the weather clears up I will snap some photos.
Instagram @seanblurr

glepore

by glepore

The hole in the seat tube is for the Di2 fd wire. Internal routing of standard cables isn't fun, but no worse than some other frames. I'd probably run a cable liner if doing it again, as cable changes would be simplified. Ended up with Di2 and never looking back, though.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

eric

by eric

Mine was the first internally cabled bike I have done since the rear brake on my Vitus. I didn't find it hard.

The "broken" frame looks like it's merely scratched.

spliid

by spliid

Just talked to Hong Fu. They say I can't get the fm069 in total black like listed above here. They only sell it as Avenger and that includes avenger decals. Don't want that.
Who did you talk/buy to/from Seanblurr?

seanblurr

by seanblurr

I got it directly from them, weird!?
Instagram @seanblurr

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

Hey Sean Blurr, you're keeping us in suspense. How about a ride report and some final build pictures and details?

LouisN

by LouisN

I was looking at a Tarmac lookalike on Ebay from China, and it suddenly dissapeared from the listings a few days ago...can't seem to find it... :( it was really looking like the latest Tarmac, with internal cables and holes for electronic...
I'll try to find it and post.

There was a picture of a 49cm frame on a scale that showed 77? g !!!

I wonder if Specialized or some lawyer sent a message to the seller... :?

Louis :)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Louis,

Try greatkeen, they may have what you're looking for.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find much in the way of a reliable review from someone who has purchased from them, so it is unclear whether greatkeen offers the same reliable service as other sellers such as HongFu, DengFu, Flyxii, Light-bicycle, etc:.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

LouisN

by LouisN

The Tarmac SL4 looked like the one on GreatKeen. Some pictures even showed the frame barely finished, with still rough spots, looked freshly out of the mold. The frameset was $499.US on Ebay, looked to weigh in the 77x digits for the 49 frame. The seller had a few feedbacks, two digit marks in my memory.

I was curious if anybody had good real life reviews for them.
I'll probably go the safe way for the daughter and buy an FM 015 with 40mm wide tubular rims for the same price than the FM 066 alone :D ...

Louis :)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Nice.
Personally I trust the open-mould and non-lookalikes a bit more.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

micky

by micky

Louis, I saw a guy on an italian forum who bought it in size 52 and it was around 850 gramms or so.
He didnt assemble yet as far as I could see.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dogg

by dogg

just ordered an 066SL on the 1st, very excited for it to arrive. not going for a "weight weenie" build (i ride much too hamfisted for that, not to mention the roads in new england...) but I'm curious to see what it clocks in at. will be built up w/ 10sp 105 geary bits/brakes, a nashbar compact crank, centaur shifters, alloy deda cockpit. less than 1k all said and done so i cannot complain at all.

will be picking up some carbon tubular rims from hongfu as well once i get the funds, will be on some 32h tricolor 600/mavic SUP wheels until then.