Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spliid

by spliid

I really dont thing so. I was fuc**** mad when I though my 25's couldn't get on the back. It's pretty snug. Next time I will ask all these questions before buying. I have a problem with the seatpost. I run a Antares with oval carbon rails but it's states 7x9 and there is an adapter which should fit but it's shit. I think I will need to buy a new seatpost :-(. I need to tighten it way to much.
Had to see but here:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxxevv

by maxxevv

waltthizzney wrote:
I dont think I have ever seen a bike with a 100mm headtube...

The guy who made this frame probably copied the dimensions off a external headset frameset and transposed it onto an integrated headset design without doing the necessary compensation. For equivalent size frames, adding about 30~33mm to the headtube ( from and external headset) would have made things correct.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

silvalis

by silvalis

Compensated for the bottom cup though? Fork and BB drop looks normal.
You're probably right. Sort of funny.
Chasse patate

kidrob

by kidrob

Where does one put the (internal) Di2 battery by the way? Can you actually at all? Does it fit in the seat tube? After some Google I just found people writing/pictures with external battery :shock:

Bartledo

by Bartledo

So I've built up the Workswell-095 recently and noticed the same issue with the stem/handlebars. I switched the stem out with the stem from my donor bike prior to doing any rides with the workswell stem (I could tell while building the bike that the stem wasn't safe). Thus far, I've ridden it a few times and haven't had any issues with frameset. I just recently raced on it in a sprint triathlon and have no complaints about its performance. I will be happy once the new stem ships... FWIW, I'm running a mechanical Sram RED group. Due to the stem issue, I've routed the cables out the bottom ports of the handlebars(the holes intended for the front brake cable?), down along the down tube and into the access port located on the down tube just before it meets the seat tube (less than ideal). I was very wary on the first couple of rides and initially rode very conservatively. It is slowly gaining my confidence. If I had to do it all over again, I would've went with a different frame. Hopefully when the new stem arrives, it will eradicate any remorse I have.

Lolemy123

by Lolemy123

spliid wrote:I really dont thing so. I was fuc**** mad when I though my 25's couldn't get on the back. It's pretty snug. Next time I will ask all these questions before buying. I have a problem with the seatpost. I run a Antares with oval carbon rails but it's states 7x9 and there is an adapter which should fit but it's shit. I think I will need to buy a new seatpost :-(. I need to tighten it way to much.
Had to see but here:

Hello. I have ordered the FM008 frame from Hongfu. I want to get an Extralite headset while I'm waiting for the frame. Did you measure the internal bore dianeter for the top and bottom of the head tube? Many thanks!

spliid

by spliid

Lolemy123 wrote:
spliid wrote:I really dont thing so. I was fuc**** mad when I though my 25's couldn't get on the back. It's pretty snug. Next time I will ask all these questions before buying. I have a problem with the seatpost. I run a Antares with oval carbon rails but it's states 7x9 and there is an adapter which should fit but it's shit. I think I will need to buy a new seatpost :-(. I need to tighten it way to much.
Had to see but here:

Hello. I have ordered the FM008 frame from Hongfu. I want to get an Extralite headset while I'm waiting for the frame. Did you measure the internal bore dianeter for the top and bottom of the head tube? Many thanks!

Nope sorry. I thought I would get the normal Neco hs with white labels but the supplied one is completely black so I kept it. Didn't measure anything sorry.

jeffy

by jeffy

Bartledo wrote:I could tell while building the bike that the stem wasn't safe

quote of the century.

sebrenaud

by sebrenaud

Bartledo wrote:So I've built up the Workswell-095 recently and noticed the same issue with the stem/handlebars. I switched the stem out with the stem from my donor bike prior to doing any rides with the workswell stem (I could tell while building the bike that the stem wasn't safe). Thus far, I've ridden it a few times and haven't had any issues with frameset. I just recently raced on it in a sprint triathlon and have no complaints about its performance. I will be happy once the new stem ships... FWIW, I'm running a mechanical Sram RED group. Due to the stem issue, I've routed the cables out the bottom ports of the handlebars(the holes intended for the front brake cable?), down along the down tube and into the access port located on the down tube just before it meets the seat tube (less than ideal). I was very wary on the first couple of rides and initially rode very conservatively. It is slowly gaining my confidence. If I had to do it all over again, I would've went with a different frame. Hopefully when the new stem arrives, it will eradicate any remorse I have.

Same issue i had, they would need to change both the design of the stem and the handlebar to make it really stiff and safe
Did they give you a date for the new version ?

Simo56

by Simo56

Hi everyone,

I'm a happy owner of fm029 since 5 years now and I want to build a new machine. Does someone Know the Sequel carbon frame company? Specialy their SE 10 frame? It's look like a 2017 Foil frame

http://www.sequelcycling.com/product/html/?38.html

Thanks for your help!

Lolemy123

by Lolemy123

spliid wrote:
Lolemy123 wrote:
Had to see but here:

Nope sorry. I thought I would get the normal Neco hs with white labels but the supplied one is completely black so I kept it. Didn't measure anything sorry.

Thanks a lot! Would be great to have your thoughts about the frame once your build is finished.

spliid

by spliid

Lolemy123 wrote:
spliid wrote:
Lolemy123 wrote:
Had to see but here:

Thanks a lot! Would be great to have your thoughts about the frame once your build is finished.

The build is finish. I will do a longer test ride later today. Will post pictures later.

kidrob

by kidrob

Had to see but here:

What wheels are these and what dimension do they have? I have ordered the same frame, too (not arrived yet) and am kinda coceirned now...

Looking forward for pics of your build

spliid

by spliid

It's a set from Farsports, 700c 50mm*25mm clincher. Mounted with Vittoria corsa 25's.
Two hours in the saddle today. A bit of every terrain and it responded as I would expect. It's a while since I drove 50mm on the front wheel which is more than enough when it's pretty windy. Only issue I have with the frameset so far is the seatpost. I will try to keep an eye on it since I think my saddle tilted a bit forward. I have have tightened it pretty much. I have also had the fm066 and fm069 and they are pretty similar in steering/handling. However the geometry of this reminds me more of a cervelo with a top tube which is far from horizontal. Small things is that I run di2, and the hole for the rear and front mech has no supplied rubber guard. The normal shimano does not fit :-(.
ImageImageImageImageImage

kidrob

by kidrob

She is stunning! Gratz man!

spliid wrote:Small things is that I run di2, and the hole for the rear and front mech has no supplied rubber guard. The normal shimano does not fit :-(.

What exactly do you mean with this and how did you solve it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com