Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2877 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1166 167 168 169 170192 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:27 pm 

Used the original cap, no problems at all. It came with three micro-spacers, I used one to keep the cap slightly above the top of the frame

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:17 pm 

Does anyone have some impressions on the CFR396 frame from carbonda?

I can't find any valuable information about carbonda either.

Does anyone have any feedback about the company and about the frames at all?

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:17 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:53 pm 

FYI!

I ordered a HongFu FM008 frame start February and paid it in full same day. They told me it was in stock (bb86) since I originally wanted a bb30 frame. When i didn't get any shipping information I wrote them. Now she told me I misunderstood her and it was planned to be produced :roll: . Not exactly equal to being in stock. The shipping date was estimated to the 10th of March. Okay I could life with that. When I didn't hear anything after this date I wrote them again. Now the date was 20th of March. Now I stated to be a bit pissed but again it's a summer project and we have bad weather here anyway 8) . I wrote her again today since it is still not shipped and I got the worst message:

Quote:
we estimate ship out in mid-April.

WTF. Postponing it over a month. I wrote them asap that it's far from satisfactory and I insist on a compensation. Now I'm just waiting for their reply. I guess I get a ridiculously bottle cage I don't want. That's the first time the fuc* this up for me that bad.

Btw. this is my fourth HF frame and I have been satisfied with all of them but damn they are not good at communicating.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:12 pm 

hello all,

question regarding these carbon frames. I have a workswell 66. The hole for the front derailer does not have a cable guide. Is it suppose to? i see some of the other carbon frames with cable guides leading the cable up to the front derailer, can I just buy one and put it onto the frame?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:44 pm 

Miller wrote:
Thanks for the info, please post some pics when your build is done. I haven't quite decided what I want to do yet although I'm leaning towards the Carbonda CFR396 as recommended up-thread. That has a dedicated seatpost which is a slight negative.

I will be taking better pics but I finally finished my build:

frame/fork: Hongfu FM-079-F w/ BB30
rims: Hongfu 40mm carbon tubular, 25mm wide, no brake track
tires: Vittoria Corsa G+ Isotech tubular, 25mm with Mastik One, Continental valve extenders
Brakes: TRP HY/RD Flat Mount, custom arms for Campagnolo levers
Rotors: Shimano ICE tech Freeza 160 front, 140 rear
front hub: Bitex BX106F centerlock 24H, 15mm thru, white!
front thru axle: Rock Shox Maxle, 15x100 (125mm overall length)
rear hub: Bitex BX106R Centerlock 28H 12mm thru, Campy, white!
Rear thru axle: Ibis Hexle Boost 148, 12mm x 171mm overall
Rear axle nut: Shimano e-thru nut (milled down a bit for more thread engagement)
Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray, black
Nipples: Sapim 12mm
Groupset: Campy Chorus, 50/34 crank, 12/29 cassette
Cable housing: Yokozuna Reaction, white
Pedals: Shimano Ultegra 6800
Saddle: Fizik Arione R1, white
Seatpost: Ritchey Superlogic UD Carbon
Handlebars: Ritchey WCS Streem II, 40cm
Stem: Ritchey WCS C260 110mm
Bar Tape: Fizik Classic, white

Weight as pictured: 16.65 lbs./7.57 kg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:57 pm 

joejack951 wrote:
Miller wrote:
Thanks for the info, please post some pics when your build is done. I haven't quite decided what I want to do yet although I'm leaning towards the Carbonda CFR396 as recommended up-thread. That has a dedicated seatpost which is a slight negative.

I will be taking better pics but I finally finished my build:

rims: Hongfu 40mm carbon tubular, 25mm wide, no brake track
tires: Vittoria Corsa G+ Isotech tubular, 25mm with Mastik One, Continental valve extenders
Brakes: TRP HY/RD Flat Mount, custom arms for Campagnolo levers
Rotors: Shimano ICE tech Freeza 160 front, 140 rear
front hub: Bitex BX106F centerlock 24H, 15mm thru, white!
front thru axle: Rock Shox Maxle, 15x100 (125mm overall length)
rear hub: Bitex BX106R Centerlock 28H 12mm thru, Campy, white!
Rear thru axle: Ibis Hexle Boost 148, 12mm x 171mm overall
Rear axle nut: Shimano e-thru nut (milled down a bit for more thread engagement)
Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray, black
Nipples: Sapim 12mm
Groupset: Campy Chorus, 50/34 crank, 12/29 cassette
Cable housing: Yokozuna Reaction, white
Pedals: Shimano Ultegra 6800
Saddle: Fizik Arione R1, white
Seatpost: Ritchey Superlogic UD Carbon
Handlebars: Ritchey WCS Streem II, 40cm
Stem: Ritchey WCS C260 110mm
Bar Tape: Fizik Classic, white

Weight as pictured: 16.65 lbs./7.57 kg

That is a beautiful machine! Nice work.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:11 pm 

Yes, that's a lovely build, quite elegant and unfussy which is an achievement for a disc bike. Some custom touches too, great work. How does this bike ride?

So there's a flat mount TRP HY/RD now, that's interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:31 pm 

Here's mine (Hongfu FM066 SL BSA 52 cm). So far so good, came in at 893gr for the frame, and 344gr for uncut fork. Paid $650.00 with an extra derailleur hanger, seatpost, and NECO headset. Quality control seems pretty good, and no issues with it so far.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:26 am 

BigPoser wrote:
That is a beautiful machine! Nice work.

Miller wrote:
Yes, that's a lovely build, quite elegant and unfussy which is an achievement for a disc bike. Some custom touches too, great work. How does this bike ride?

So there's a flat mount TRP HY/RD now, that's interesting.

Thanks, guys!

The internal cable routing on the FM-079-F, while difficult to do with compressionless brake housing, really cleans up the look.

There is actually one more custom piece I didn't mention. I made a reinforcement piece for the fork which also serves as a way to preload the bearings, sort of like a star fangled nut in a tube but all one piece and bonded in place. I'll get some pics of it, too, when I take better images of the bike. It saved over 40 grams compared to the Hong Fu provided compression unit at only 18 grams but it also extends down below the upper headset bearing making me a little less concerned about a fork failure.

The HY/RD flat mounts weren't even on TRPs website when I bought them (they are now, though). I was calling to verify compatibility of Chorus levers and Spyre calipers and upon hearing how awful that combo would be, decided to go down the HY/RD route. That choice then spiraled into me creating the custom arms to correct the cable pull rather than the 'hack' route of cutting or drill the stock arm.

TRP was able to hook me up with some black anodized HY/RDs during that phone call. They blend in better with my bike, but they only had a handful of calipers finished that way when I purchased mine. They only intend to sell high polished versions.

I haven't had time to ride the bike other than a little right outside my house to verify my lever placement prior to wrapping the bars. I'll report back when I have a decent ride or two on it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:05 pm 

Frame: WCB-R-081 54cm
Wheels: Flo 30
Tires: Continental GP4000s II (I have my trainer tire on right now in the back)
Groupset: Full Ultegra w/ Absoluteblack 50/34 in the front and 11-28 cassette
Saddle: Specialized Power
Stem: Zipp Service Course SL 100mm (yes I will work on cutting the fork and getting the stem lower getting used to the position right now)
Handlebars: Zipp SL-70 Aero 40cm
Pedals: Ultegra
Cages: Dunno some cheap ones I got online from my old bike on Amazon

Still fine tuning the bike to suite me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:30 pm 

What size did you order? Our team ordered a batch of the FM008 framesets with custom paint back in mid-December and we received all of the 56cm that were ordered a little over a week ago. We are still waiting on the 54cm size which we have been told will be about another month. We were forewarned from the beginning that there could be a wait given that this is a new model.

By the way, the FM008 looks outstanding. I hope to have mine built up with E-tap within the next couple of weeks.

spliid wrote:
FYI!

I ordered a HongFu FM008 frame start February and paid it in full same day. They told me it was in stock (bb86) since I originally wanted a bb30 frame. When i didn't get any shipping information I wrote them. Now she told me I misunderstood her and it was planned to be produced :roll: . Not exactly equal to being in stock. The shipping date was estimated to the 10th of March. Okay I could life with that. When I didn't hear anything after this date I wrote them again. Now the date was 20th of March. Now I stated to be a bit pissed but again it's a summer project and we have bad weather here anyway 8) . I wrote her again today since it is still not shipped and I got the worst message:

Quote:
we estimate ship out in mid-April.

WTF. Postponing it over a month. I wrote them asap that it's far from satisfactory and I insist on a compensation. Now I'm just waiting for their reply. I guess I get a ridiculously bottle cage I don't want. That's the first time the fuc* this up for me that bad.

Btw. this is my fourth HF frame and I have been satisfied with all of them but damn they are not good at communicating.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:42 pm 

Can you please post some pictures now of the FM008?

Cervelo SLC 5960g/13.13 lbs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:45 pm 

Its a 50. Really looking forward to see it. Pictures?
What bolt is the seat post bolt exactly ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:53 am 

joejack951 wrote:

Just noticed that fork looks vastly different from older generation fork of post mount 079 and 166 frames. Did you weight it?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:04 am 

Klaster1 wrote:
joejack951 wrote:

Just noticed that fork looks vastly different from older generation fork of post mount 079 and 166 frames. Did you weight it?

It weighed an even 400 grams as received (frame was 1060 grams for what it's worth). I then cut off 39 grams of steerer, so 361 grams as pictured. [edit] I just re-read your FM-079 thread and wanted to note that my weights do not include the crown race. Nice build, btw. Quite a bit lighter than mine with all those little tweaks! [edit]

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:04 am 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2877 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1166 167 168 169 170192 Next