Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2950 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1189 190 191 192 193197 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:13 pm
Posts: 148
waltthizzney wrote:
sib wrote:
waltthizzney wrote:
Here is my FM066/R01 from Tan Tan built up. 15.9lbs as shown. Pretty good weight considering the components. Wheels are Light Bicycle 45mm Clinchers.

[img]https://dgtzuqphqg23d.cloudfront.net/-qQKCHY-EEhMGgf7j3t5-OrTsjjrdRO184deyc0ZUXI-2048x1365.jp

It looks like your RD cable comes out of the frame right in front of your QR bolt. All the pics I've seen show it coming out partway down the chainstays.

How is it in real life use?
Is it easy to take the rear wheel off/on?
Does it put pressure on the RD cable?

Thanks in advance!


hey, its not bad, little annoying using large 68000 skewers but I have never really had an issue with it. Bike is riding great after a summer of racing and hard riding, going to put some 28mm tires on it for the winter. Have not had any issues shifting, although i did fry one shifter cable

I will ask tan tan though, maybe it was an update to the FM066, it is stamped R01 in the headtube

tantancycling.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=360


Looks great. It must be an updated version of the fm066 since I didn't have that cable coming out there. I actually tried asking HongFu if they did some updates to some of their "old" frames but didn't really get an answer. I bought a fm066 many years ago and it didn't even come with the internal cable guides. My last purchase (a fm008) came with several nice small rubber inserts for di2 etc and If I just knew these things was included with a fm066 today I would consider buying another one. The frame looks absolute stunning and the performance is pretty good. Congrats with the build.


Top
   
Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:43 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:35 pm
Posts: 159
I talked to dengfu about that and the R01 was updated to add more tire clearance in the rear and fix the front derailleur alignment problem, all of these bikes are coming from Flybike

How is your FM008, I should have pulled the trigger on that frame, it looks beautiful. For what its worth I like my FM066 more than my Scott Foil.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:13 pm
Posts: 148
waltthizzney wrote:
I talked to dengfu about that and the R01 was updated to add more tire clearance in the rear and fix the front derailleur alignment problem, all of these bikes are coming from Flybike

How is your FM008, I should have pulled the trigger on that frame, it looks beautiful. For what its worth I like my FM066 more than my Scott Foil.

Its great. I have had a 066, 069 and now a 008. They have had different setups so a little hard to compare but I tell myself that they ride the same. Rear tire clearance is a small issue though. I can't fit 25s without deflating them before mounting.
It includes nice rubber parts for DI2 usage which I find extremely nice. It's the small parts which just makes the details right. Also the supplied seatpost is nicer than what is supplied with the others. But it's without setback so just switched it to another bike.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:28 am
Posts: 24
I'm thinking of purchasing either an FM008 or FM686.

Does anyone have any feedback to help sway my decision?

spliid - you mention you have an FM008. Was this picked up from Hongfu? If so, would you mind sharing your experience / how much it cost?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:12 pm
Posts: 136
008 looks better. Recessed clamps are more modern.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:13 pm
Posts: 148
bikergrove wrote:
I'm thinking of purchasing either an FM008 or FM686.

Does anyone have any feedback to help sway my decision?

spliid - you mention you have an FM008. Was this picked up from Hongfu? If so, would you mind sharing your experience / how much it cost?

Of course.
Yes. All of mine has been from Hongfu. FM008:$580 (include frame+fork+seatpost)
headset: $15
shippingcost:$80 (EMS)
4.5% for paypal charge




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 20
Image

Almost done...


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 181
Location: Belgium
ghyselinckr wrote:
Image

Almost done...

Nice! Any details on it?

_________________
My bike


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 20
kidrob wrote:

Nice! Any details on it?


It's a FM-R06 frame from Tantan Cycling, with 80mm clinchers. Bars are the Canyon Aerocockpit copy. Veloflex masters 25, Ultegra 6800, Specialised Toupe saddle and lizardskin bartape. Should be finished by next weekend!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:35 pm
Posts: 13
I also built up a R06 after seeing your earlier post. It's a great frame, I'll try and take a decent picture. The direct mount brakes are a pain and the reach is borderline (I've used the 5810 ones, but they should be identical to the Ultegra ones). That looks to be the case in your picture, too; you pretty much have to put the brake pads all the way up to reach the braking surface. The angle of the cable exit on the frame to the rear brake inline adjustment is also concerning.

Before you install any of the cables check which plastic entry ports are installed in the frame holes. There is one extra pair that allows cable housing to go through; not sure where they intended me to use that because when the frame came it had one of those installed and another sitting in that little plastic baggy. I might redo my rear brake cable with full housing using these because it's feeling spongy.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:56 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Bournemouth, UK
ghyselinckr wrote:
Image

Almost done...


I've just seen this thread and thats a great looking bike. I've a 2014 FM069 and have been very happy with it, but am looking for a more aero frame. I know the 069 is based on a Canyon CF SLX Ultimate, but is this based on an Aeroad? I know Canyon have a good discount going on at the mo so was tempted, but this looks great and probably cheaper!

_________________
Losing weight is an education
Hong Fu Bikes FM0069 Superlight 2014 6.35kg (SRAM Red, Ksyrium SLRs)
Cannondale Flash F1 '10
Felt Brougham '10


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:35 pm
Posts: 13
Here is my R06:

Image

Chinese 56cm frame, chinese 50mm deep 25mm wide clinchers, chinese saddle
Kalloy uno stem, 3T Aeronova bars
105 group

Excuse the shitty bar wrap, I was desperate to actually ride it. Thats on the TODO list along with the rear brake cable. Also bottle holders..

It does look similar to an Aeroad, but if you look closely it's more of an "inspired" own design. The seatstays joining the frame are very pronounced and there aren't as many hard angles. Seatpost is also different, it's essentially a perfect airfoil profile here.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 20
lockxchg wrote:
Here is my R06:

Image

Chinese 56cm frame, chinese 50mm deep 25mm wide clinchers, chinese saddle
Kalloy uno stem, 3T Aeronova bars
105 group

Excuse the shitty bar wrap, I was desperate to actually ride it. Thats on the TODO list along with the rear brake cable. Also bottle holders..

It does look similar to an Aeroad, but if you look closely it's more of an "inspired" own design. The seatstays joining the frame are very pronounced and there aren't as many hard angles. Seatpost is also different, it's essentially a perfect airfoil profile here.


Nice bike! Did you have a problem with the cassette hitting the screw that mounts the derailleur hanger to the frame? Mine seems to rub when i tighten the QR...


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 20
ghyselinckr wrote:
lockxchg wrote:
Here is my R06:

Image

Chinese 56cm frame, chinese 50mm deep 25mm wide clinchers, chinese saddle
Kalloy uno stem, 3T Aeronova bars
105 group

Excuse the shitty bar wrap, I was desperate to actually ride it. Thats on the TODO list along with the rear brake cable. Also bottle holders..

It does look similar to an Aeroad, but if you look closely it's more of an "inspired" own design. The seatstays joining the frame are very pronounced and there aren't as many hard angles. Seatpost is also different, it's essentially a perfect airfoil profile here.


Nice bike! Did you have a problem with the cassette hitting the screw that mounts the derailleur hanger to the frame? Mine seems to rub when i tighten the QR...

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:35 pm
Posts: 13
They should be on the outside:

Image

This is how it came on mine. I tried with the replacement hanger and it certainly allows screwing in from both sides but only the cassette side has a thread so I guess that's what you want it to screw into.

They certainly lack some QC in attaching these extra pieces, the derailleur hanger braze on was also a bit loose on mine. Make sure to tighten all those and check the cable housing entry ports.


Top
   
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:23 pm 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2950 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1189 190 191 192 193197 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Guide me to the best open mould frame (super light and super stiff)

in Road

KOMwannabe

8

1423

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:11 pm

KOMwannabe View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Weird Lightweight Chinese Steel Frame - CLR6200 Reynolds 520

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

waltthizzney

15

2240

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:43 pm

ernestkus View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. updated recommendations on open mold frame suppliers

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

apctjb

15

1935

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:22 pm

apctjb View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Chinese Di2 Disc

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

Ticlimax

36

4801

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:12 am

Ticlimax View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Chinese Speedplay replacement titanium spindles

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Shrike

29

4054

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:02 am

SampsC50 View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: antonioiglesius, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], bm0p700f, crn, Drizzle, glepore, Google Adsense [Bot], guxo, Monkeyfudger, mpulsiv, reknop, TobinHatesYou, uraz and 51 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited