Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:55 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2746 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1180 181 182 183 184 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:10 am
Posts: 91
ghyselinckr wrote:
Decided to try a 'budget aero' build. This will not be weight weenie. There, I warned you.

Decided to go for the canyon aeroad look.

Made my order for the FM-R06 of Tan Tan Cycling (479$) with 86mm, 27mm wide, carbon clinchers (399$). Paid 220$ for shipping via XDB (stupidly high import taxes in Belgium) and waited for about 3 weeks for it to arrive! I also ordered the Canyon aerocockpit lookalike from 'Costelo' on ebay (99$). This took 4 weeks to arrive via EMS (free shipping).

I must say I'm very pleased with the communication of Tan Tan, they were very responsive and helpful. Also, I was kinda worried about shipping and damage to the frame or wheels, but oh boy this thing was protected really nicely! Took me 15min to get all the bubblewrap off.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the finish and construction of the components!

I will be building this up with Ultegra groupset, Specialized Toupé saddle and Veloflex Master tires.

rsz_19800805_10155081471092561_8761354231518952482_o.jpg

rsz_19956781_10155081470992561_1190724235601741463_o.jpg

Holy cow man! What is with the chainstay length?! There appears to be about 50mm of space between the seat tube cut -out and the rear tire. Seriously.........look up a side view of a real one.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:02 am
Posts: 38
wheelbuilder wrote:
ghyselinckr wrote:
Decided to try a 'budget aero' build. This will not be weight weenie. There, I warned you.

Decided to go for the canyon aeroad look.

Made my order for the FM-R06 of Tan Tan Cycling (479$) with 86mm, 27mm wide, carbon clinchers (399$). Paid 220$ for shipping via XDB (stupidly high import taxes in Belgium) and waited for about 3 weeks for it to arrive! I also ordered the Canyon aerocockpit lookalike from 'Costelo' on ebay (99$). This took 4 weeks to arrive via EMS (free shipping).

I must say I'm very pleased with the communication of Tan Tan, they were very responsive and helpful. Also, I was kinda worried about shipping and damage to the frame or wheels, but oh boy this thing was protected really nicely! Took me 15min to get all the bubblewrap off.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the finish and construction of the components!

I will be building this up with Ultegra groupset, Specialized Toupé saddle and Veloflex Master tires.

rsz_19800805_10155081471092561_8761354231518952482_o.jpg

rsz_19956781_10155081470992561_1190724235601741463_o.jpg

Holy cow man! What is with the chainstay length?! There appears to be about 50mm of space between the seat tube cut -out and the rear tire. Seriously.........look up a side view of a real one.
No tyres on rim.......


Top
   
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:35 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:10 am
Posts: 91
You are absolutely correct. My mistake. It jumped out so much in the photo I didn't even notice the lack of tire. Stupid mistake.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:02 am
Posts: 38
wheelbuilder wrote:
You are absolutely correct. My mistake. It jumped out so much in the photo I didn't even notice the lack of tire. Stupid mistake.
Dont worry, I also took a closer look initially


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:02 am
Posts: 128
Location: Brisbane
lwk wrote:
wheelbuilder wrote:
You are absolutely correct. My mistake. It jumped out so much in the photo I didn't even notice the lack of tire. Stupid mistake.
Dont worry, I also took a closer look initially


I'll own up. Had to take a 2nd look too.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:35 pm
Posts: 77
Here is my FM066/R01 from Tan Tan built up. 15.9lbs as shown. Pretty good weight considering the components. Wheels are Light Bicycle 45mm Clinchers.

Did my first morning hammerfest on it today. My previous frame was a 2014 Scott Foil 40.

My impressions are the front end and bottom bracket are super stiff with a BSA BB. No flex or wheel skipping when putting the power down. The smaller seatpost gives a different sensation to the beefy foil one. The thin seat stays make the ride feel a little smoother as well.

Feels pretty dialed in, I may put a 130mm stem on. I am 5.9 and the frame is a 52 (53.5 effective) for reference. Turns out its the same frame as the Aquila Equipe which the U23 Canadian Development Team (Race Clean) uses as their team bikes locally.

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 91
Location: Belgium
Nice bike!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:06 pm
Posts: 2
Hi all,

Anyone know where you can get a 066 frame currently?

I have been riding a workswell fm-066 for the last two years, 6870 build with dura ace / sl23 wheelset, rotor bottom bracket, tubeless 28s, and carbon finishing kit from workswell. Around 7kg with pedals, I couldn't be happier with the bike over the last 6000km or so.

I'm looking to build up something similar in a smaller size for my girlfriend, and notice that all the sellers that had it two years ago have removed it from their websites and alibaba. Workswell told me they have discontinued this frame.

I wonder if this is Cervelo's legal team getting more proactive, or possibly Cervelo discontinuing this frame shape?

Anyway, I wonder if anyone has been able to source a fm066 from a different seller in the last few weeks and wouldn't mind sharing where?

Thanks!

Ben


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 91
Location: Belgium
bwatson87 wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone know where you can get a 066 frame currently?

I have been riding a workswell fm-066 for the last two years, 6870 build with dura ace / sl23 wheelset, rotor bottom bracket, tubeless 28s, and carbon finishing kit from workswell. Around 7kg with pedals, I couldn't be happier with the bike over the last 6000km or so.

I'm looking to build up something similar in a smaller size for my girlfriend, and notice that all the sellers that had it two years ago have removed it from their websites and alibaba. Workswell told me they have discontinued this frame.

I wonder if this is Cervelo's legal team getting more proactive, or possibly Cervelo discontinuing this frame shape?

Anyway, I wonder if anyone has been able to source a fm066 from a different seller in the last few weeks and wouldn't mind sharing where?

Thanks!

Ben


Not exactly what you are searching for but the 066 got an update in 2017 and is now called FM-008 (FM066_EVO). I should receive it in the next couple of days and will try to review it asap.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:48 am
Posts: 2225
Location: Vienna Austria
Did you google it? I'm getting a ton of hits, 1st one is Hongfu.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:03 am
Posts: 45
I think @bwatson87 means the Workswell R-066, which is different to the FM-066.
As far as I know, the R-066 has been discontinued.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:37 pm
Posts: 47
Location: Leiden, The Netherlands
I believe they still have it on http://www.tantancycling.com/

No experience with this seller. So cannot comment on quality or handling. But looking into buy a frame my self from this company.


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:19 pm
Posts: 7
Attachment:
IMG_1077.JPG
IMG_1077.JPG [ 21.34 KiB | Viewed 146 times ]
Built the workswell 095. Love it.
15.2lbs


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:53 am
Posts: 745
@bwatson87

I think your right, at one time thye made it in 58 but the last year it looked like the stopped and now they have stopped making any size. I am kinda hoping they stopped because cervelo stopped and after cervelo has enough new R5 we will see a workswell version of that.

I have asked a few time and nobody has had any evidence that the Workswell R-066 wasn't a copy but the real thing. I couldn't see differences in all the pix. Also the workswell 66 was one of the 1st "clones" bikes to have a warrenty
C


Top
   
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:43 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:35 pm
Posts: 77
wjs wrote:
I believe they still have it on http://www.tantancycling.com/

No experience with this seller. So cannot comment on quality or handling. But looking into buy a frame my self from this company.


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk


I got my FM066 from Tan Tan. It is great, the headtube is actually stamped "R01" which is the same as what Dengfu calls theirs. Tan Tan by far has the best prices. They were great and the frame was built up with no hassles and rides great. I race and abuse my bikes....

They also carry the FM008 EVO.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2746 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1180 181 182 183 184 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Chinese Di2 Disc

in Road

Ticlimax

11

970

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Ticlimax View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Chinese Speedplay replacement titanium spindles

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Shrike

20

1900

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:11 am

Tmk View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Challenge Strada 25 on Mavic Open Pro rims blow off

in Road

roadchallenge

5

924

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:58 pm

roadchallenge View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. List of 320tpi Open Tubular-Style Clincher Tyres

in Road

Valbrona

7

936

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:35 am

ferrarista View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Another Pedal Thread..

[ Go to page: 13 4 5 6 7 ]

in Road

3Pio

99

9722

Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:06 am

3Pio View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alcatraz, caballero, Catagory6, Dagger9903, Flasher, kdawg, lyrictenor1, physeter and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited