Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pushstart

by pushstart

I think you misunderstood. LeDuke is pointing out that Hong Fu is not the manufacturer; they are (also) a reseller. The factory is, I believe/have read, FlyBike. HongFu, DengFu, Yishun, etc. are trade companies.

That said, Hong Fu is certainly one of the more reputable firms. I had great experience ordering from Yishun, but just ordered my new frame (FM079) from Hong Fu.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

akain

by akain

I have read an article that says somebody had met with jenny from hongfu and he had a tour in their facility. and Hongfu manufactures their bikes.

pushstart

by pushstart

akain wrote:I have read an article that says somebody had met with jenny from hongfu and he had a tour in their facility. and Hongfu manufactures their bikes.

If you are talking about that RBR post, the author said he saw the "Fly Bike" logo on the gate. Other posts suggest the factory may be co-owned by Hongfu, Dengfu, and Miracle. Yishun is definitely selling the same frames, though, and equally claims to have their own factory. There seems to be nothing official. It would be nice if there were a bit more transparency about this, but in any event it seems clear that none of the main vendors are truly "factory-direct".

Evo400

by Evo400

pushstart wrote:
akain wrote:I have read an article that says somebody had met with jenny from hongfu and he had a tour in their facility. and Hongfu manufactures their bikes.

If you are talking about that RBR post, the author said he saw the "Fly Bike" logo on the gate. Other posts suggest the factory may be co-owned by Hongfu, Dengfu, and Miracle. Yishun is definitely selling the same frames, though, and equally claims to have their own factory. There seems to be nothing official. It would be nice if there were a bit more transparency about this, but in any event it seems clear that none of the main vendors are truly "factory-direct".

Its a bit like with major brands. Friend of mine is a sales rep for FUJI bikes and when he was in China he visited a carbon factory where Fuji bikes were made. He said multiple major brands were made in the same factory. Designers create the frame design , jigs are made and what ever suitable factory gets the tender they make the frames.

pushstart

by pushstart

Yeah, that was exactly my point. Just want to avoid misinformation that Hongfu is the factory itself. I understand many brands share these factories. Makes perfect sense to me. Regardless, I am excited to eventually get my Hongfu Avenger frame! :)

olebole

by olebole

I'm having a minor dispute with hongfu. The short version: my fm298 frame was delivered with a dent in the headtube, making it impossible to install the lower headset bearing. Hongfu said "this must be caused during delivery but send it back and we will get you a new frame".
Said and done, the package goes back to China.
Some days later I get an e-mail from them basically saying "installing the bearing is not possible but there is no damage to the carbon so we won't send you a new frame. Our mechanics will fix your frame and send it back, and we're not covering the shipping expenses as promised"

Any advice on what I should do? Try to get my money back via PayPal?
I really dont want a frame where someone just used brute force to install the headset into the dented frame.

trex021

by trex021

My experience with Paypal is, as a buyer, you have all the power.

Evo400

by Evo400

Absolutely.

The frame is faulty and you don't want it back repaired. You paid for brand new product that should fit its purpose.

I would send an email but probably in a nice way as you dont want to set them off, especially when they have your frame.
But do mention that if they are not willing to send you a new frame you would like to cancel the sale as you do not wish a repaired product, especially as it has not been assembled yet and you demand a refund.

Upon their reply whether good or bad, you can then decide if you want to claim of Paypal.

Most of Hongfu sales are carried over paypal, as customers feel they have some level of protection, so starting a claim against hongfu would not really be in their interest if you went ahead.

Hope it works out for you in the end.

Regards,

olebole

by olebole

Thanks for the advice. I will contact them again and see if they will help me. If not, then I will probably contact paypal and see if I can get my money back.
A shame because I really liked the looks and geometry of the frame.

jano

by jano

olebole wrote:Thanks for the advice. I will contact them again and see if they will help me. If not, then I will probably contact paypal and see if I can get my money back.
A shame because I really liked the looks and geometry of the frame.

There is no IF with PayPal, they refund 100% if you received a product which is not as required.
PayPal also has an offer now where they refund you the return shipping costs.

olebole

by olebole

I got the advice to sell the damaged/repaired frame and they would give me a discount on a new one, also adding a free carbon spacer :roll:

PayPal dispute is now open. I hope it can be solved pretty quickly, really need something to race on.

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

pushstart wrote:

Really only HF Jenny's husband hold shares in Flybike but there are many shareholders.
it doesn't effect HF price for sample order(or MOQ less 30-50pcs), because the factory control the sample price for each model, all vendors can't sell the frame at any price as they want. just for big big customers(100-500pcs/year) then can ask the factory offer best price(or factory price).
other vendors(like Dengfu/Miracle/Yishun etc) hold no shares in flybike factory just flybike is their main and longest supplier.

I believe there is not much price difference in sample price for same frame model from different vendors, there is some difference if order quantity is 5pcs, 10pcs or 30pcs and more. each vendor have their own different marketing plan.
web: www.xmcarbonspeed.com
Email: bellajian@foxmail.com

tigoose

by tigoose

I'm looking at the hf-Fm296 and would like some help on deciding on bottom bracket, either bsa or a pressfit. I haven't got a groupset yet.
Can anyone share their experience ?
Regards

Marin

by Marin

BSA, 2 min bearing change & no funny noises.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Get an angular contact BB30 set up. No noise, fantastic bearing life.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com