Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

does anyone know the size of headset bearings I need for the FM066/R01? I wrecked mine in the snow/salt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

You can get a full neco headset specifically for the 066 on aliexpress for like 9$. I got one when my lower bearing went last year.

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

Marin wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:32 pm
You can get a full neco headset specifically for the 066 on aliexpress for like 9$. I got one when my lower bearing went last year.
prob my best bet thanks, wont be riding outside for a couple month anyway

rykusmo

by rykusmo

has anyone ordered / build hongfu fm-088 road disc frame?

grundspeed

by grundspeed

Just got and build a Carbonda CFR-166 Disc (direct mount) with 12mm thru axles and BB30. Seatpost was included.
Build this for a friend on a 1500,-EUR budget (endet with 1700,-EUR :lol:). She's going to use this as her commuter.
Frame size is 48cm.
Parts list:
Mavic Ksyrium Elite Disc tubeless(2017 Model, bought New in sale / stock clearance)
Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless 28x700c
Ritchey Comp headset (new, ebay)
Avid BB7 Road S 140mm front and rear (new on ebay, 105,-EUR the pair)
Sram Red Exogram Compact 170mm cranks (ebay, new takeoffs, sold the new stock rings, so the cranks were 36,-EUR :D )
Tune Stem and Schmolke SL handlebars (used, 89,-EUR in total)
Tune GumGum expander (New from private seller, 29,-EUR)
Spacers (New, were sitting in my parts storage...)
AX Lightness Endurance saddle (used, was sitting in my parts storage...)
46t specialized front ring (used, was sitting in my parts storage...)
18t Chris King rear sprocket (new, ebay)
Alligator i-link brake cables red (New, ebay)
Sram S900 brake levers (New, online shop, 80,-EUR)
Small parts (Sram BB30 bearrings, SSP spacers...)
Xpedo Traverse 9 Pedals red(New, online shop)
Fabric ALM buffalo leather bar tape (New, online shop)
The red decals inside the fork and chainstays and on the frame are stickers, the material was 7,-EUR on ebay. There will be some black reflecting lettering applied to the red frame decals.

Total weight is 6.4kg with handlebar tape, without pedals.
Not bad for a disc bike with the rather heavy Ksyrium wheels and big Schwalbe tires.

Front fork tire clearance is 28mm, frame will accept bigger tires, up to 33mm I think.
I ordered the PM disc adaptors with the frame. The rear calipper had to be modified, as it colided with the frame.

Best regards,
Thomas
Last edited by grundspeed on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

kidrob

by kidrob

Looks like a hell of a bike for that budget, very nice! Hope she enjoys!

grymg

by grymg

I finally finished my FM008 with the component colors I envisioned. I even stripped my Zipp 404 decals off to complete the matte red/black look. So far it rides great. My only two problems were that 1) the rear hanger is short, so difficult to install/remove the rear wheel w/o having to remove the skewer entirely and 2) the seatpost keeps wanting to fall while riding over potholes, need to overtorque the bolt (and risk damaging the frame?).
Attachments
IMG_0381 - Copy.JPG

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

grymg wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:59 am
I finally finished my FM008 with the component colors I envisioned. I even stripped my Zipp 404 decals off to complete the matte red/black look. So far it rides great. My only two problems were that 1) the rear hanger is short, so difficult to install/remove the rear wheel w/o having to remove the skewer entirely and 2) the seatpost keeps wanting to fall while riding over potholes, need to overtorque the bolt (and risk damaging the frame?).
Looks great! I have logged over 5,000 miles on my FM008 and have not had any issues with seatpost slippage. If you haven't done so already, try using some Tacx carbon paste or the like.

kidrob

by kidrob

GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:06 am
grymg wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:59 am
Looks great! I have logged over 5,000 miles on my FM008 and have not had any issues with seatpost slippage. If you haven't done so already, try using some Tacx carbon paste or the like.
Out of curiosity: How much torque do you guys give the bolt?

I have also noticed some slipping and had to go higher than 5 and even 6nm and absolutely not sure about this...

grymg

by grymg

I torqued to 5nm and then did another 1/8 to 1/4 turn using an allen key. Still though, while on the seat and riding through some really harsh bumps it will slip.

This is all while using the red Tacx carbon paste.

ooo

by ooo

Yishun LCR093-D - new road disc frame with RC 405, flatmount 12x100 fork with internal routing
Attachments
lcr093-d.jpg
lcr093-d-geo.jpg
'

Hexsense

by Hexsense

ooo wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:13 pm
Yishun LCR093-D - new road disc frame with RC 405, flatmount 12x100 fork with internal routing
Max 700x25C Tire cleance ... BOO! Better buy Yoeleo R6 Disc which has 28c tire clearance.
https://www.yoeleobike.com/carbon-r6-di ... meset.html
PS. interesting that Yoeleo R6 rimbrake version is not exactly the same design (even different geometry) and doesn't specify max tire clearance.
https://www.yoeleobike.com/r6-aero-road-frameset.html

ernestkus

by ernestkus

ooo wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:13 pm
Stack and reach looks really long and low

Marin

by Marin

What's the reason for discs if you can't even fit wide tires?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

megl

by megl

Marin wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:04 am
What's the reason for discs if you can't even fit wide tires?
Better braking?