Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ticlimax

by Ticlimax

tnkn wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:55 pm
Ticlimax wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:38 pm
My r093 by the way. Don't mind showing it in the flesh :).
Nice! What’s the weight?
Waiting for a scale, but probably around 7,4kg.

tnkn

by tnkn

Looks great. I think this could be my next bike :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

My OG-Evkin/Velobuild R066 finally shipped after the Chinese New Year.

gravity

by gravity

Ticlimax wrote:My r093 by the way. Don't mind showing it in the flesh :).
Super! Need a proper side profile pic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d36

by d36

My R093 frame arrived today (ordered back in november)

I've got most of the bike together.
At first I was like oh shit 28mm tyres are not going to fit but they did :D
Headset bearing that workswell sent seem likes its the wrong size (top bearing is too tall and is slightly visible)
No problem with my disc brakes

slight downer one of my new xpedo pedals is faulty (just wont thread properly)
ordered it so long ago that its probably impossible to get a replacement/refund now

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

d36 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:19 am
How about a build thread? I enjoy looking at other road disc builds. Also, what was the frame/fork weight?

d36

by d36

Klaster1 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:03 am
d36 wrote:
How about a build thread? I enjoy looking at other road disc builds. Also, what was the frame/fork weight?
The frame is approx 840g and forks 320 (I dont think my scales are 100% accurate)
I'll give it a proper weighing and post once its done
Stupid me also cut the outer cables too short (this is my first attempt at building a roady... forgot you had to run the cable all along the handlebars)

Anyway heres a quick snap of progress so far

Ticlimax

by Ticlimax

d36 wrote:

At first I was like oh shit 28mm tyres are not going to fit but they did :D
Headset bearing that workswell sent seem likes its the wrong size (top bearing is too tall and is slightly visible)
No problem with my disc brakes

slight downer one of my new xpedo pedals is faulty (just wont thread properly)
ordered it so long ago that its probably impossible to get a replacement/refund now
I've got the same headset thing. Let me know if you find a suitable (en affordable) replacement (pleaase).

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

Finally arrived on the weekend-same geometry chart as Velobuild's R066 and definitely inspired by the Canyon Ultimate frameset if not a 1:1 copy.

Seller communication was great. Not clear from their Ali listing, but a headset was included, as was an extra derailleur hanger.

Paint quality and tube insides look good-BB86 dims are within a few hundredths on my digital calipers. Tire clearance is enormous; Conti GP in 25c on a 17mm inner rim had plenty of space and it definitely looks like a 28 would fit if it clears the rim brakes.

In size L, frame weight worked out to 1135 grams (seller shows two figures in their listing-one for 1068 +/- 40 g, and one for 828 +/- 50g), uncut fork 350, uncut seatpost 165.

Given the frame weight, I'm hoping for tank like durability; still down almost 600 grams from a 2006 Ridley alu/carbon stay frame set.

Pictures to follow.

grumpus

by grumpus

Anyone have a ride review on the Workswell 093? The builds looks really nice so far.

thorerik

by thorerik

What disc wheels are you using on theese builds?
Are looking for something simular in deepth myself that doesnt cost $1000++

Ticlimax

by Ticlimax

thorerik wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:33 am
What disc wheels are you using on theese builds?
Are looking for something simular in deepth myself that doesnt cost $1000++
Considering it is the Chinese carbon topic. These wheelsets will all probably be Chinese carbon :).
I used http://www.wheelbuilder.com/wheel-weigh ... lator.html to calculate the wheel weight with the components. It still will probably be heavier though, but you can easily get a set around 500 or 600 dollars at 1500g.

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

bremerradkurier wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:53 pm
Finally arrived on the weekend-same geometry chart as Velobuild's R066 and definitely inspired by the Canyon Ultimate frameset if not a 1:1 copy.

Seller communication was great. Not clear from their Ali listing, but a headset was included, as was an extra derailleur hanger.

Paint quality and tube insides look good-BB86 dims are within a few hundredths on my digital calipers. Tire clearance is enormous; Conti GP in 25c on a 17mm inner rim had plenty of space and it definitely looks like a 28 would fit if it clears the rim brakes.

In size L, frame weight worked out to 1135 grams (seller shows two figures in their listing-one for 1068 +/- 40 g, and one for 828 +/- 50g), uncut fork 350, uncut seatpost 165.

Given the frame weight, I'm hoping for tank like durability; still down almost 600 grams from a 2006 Ridley alu/carbon stay frame set.

Pictures to follow.

All done-7.68kg as shown. Haven't test ridden yet as we just had a snow storm on the first day of spring.

Fietskanon

by Fietskanon

Does Anyone know if there are tarmac sl6 look a like frames are for sell somewhere??

Ofcourse without brand names

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

bremerradkurier wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:45 pm
bremerradkurier wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Pictures to follow.

All done-7.68kg as shown. Haven't test ridden yet as we just had a snow storm on the first day of spring.

That stem! No!
Never cheer before you know who is winning