Tired of frozen fingers, best low profile winter gloves?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

pad,

thx for the pictures. helps quite a bit. i will wait until mid summer...maybe they'll go on sale? haha. the weather is turning and i will wait now. just want to get out and ride.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

padmasana

by padmasana

kode54 wrote:pad,

thx for the pictures. helps quite a bit. i will wait until mid summer...maybe they'll go on sale? haha. the weather is turning and i will wait now. just want to get out and ride.

Indeed. I've been loving the last few weeks here in Kentucky. There's been enough warm days to remind me that those sleeveless jerseys among my gear will actually at some point be practical.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Are iHeat glove liners still in production? Several sites which show up on Google show out of stock or unavailable.

hambini

by hambini

I recommend the Roeckl Pino. I've used them down to -5C and at that point they were getting cold so I guess that's the limit

http://www.roeckl.de/en/products/biking ... love/pino/
Hambini Aeronautical Engineer, Polluting YouTube since 2016 - views expressed are my own...

Delorre

by Delorre

I'm using Castelli Chiro 3 gloves : To be used from +5 until -5 °c from my own experience. Above 5°, hands become to hot and start to sweat a little to much, below -5, they are OK, but you have to keep the ride intensity high enough, otherwise, your hands will get very cold.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

I've been using my Castelli Estremo for the past 3-4 years. Windproof + insulated. Pretty expensive at retail but it's battle tested here in Toronto.

I recently thought of going the layering route with a couple of ASSOS gloves: Rainglove Evo 7 as my external shell + Early Winter gloves insulated glove. It might be a bit thick but I won't be using this combination while racing anyway. I can use either for their true functions as well. The combination cost me about $100USD~ (for 2 gloves that serve 2 functions I think it's an excellent deal)

BRM

by BRM

Easy forgotten . . .
Cold has much more impact on a dry skin than a good moisterized one.

An extra barrier
Gloves aren't the only possible protection, though: you can add an additional layer by using a moisturising hand cream. This forms a kind of invisible glove which protects against the rigours of the weather and pampers your skin. Because of the drying effect of winter cold and wind, hand cream will need to be re-applied several times a day. The gentle massage each time can help circulation, too, and warm your fingers up. Don't forget to apply at night as well, to nourish and repair day-time damage. To avoid leaving hands feeling greasy, try and choose a formula that is easily absorbed by the skin.

(ofcourse this moisterizing thing doesn't count only for your hands but matters the skin of your total body, keep it moisterized)

:wink:

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I just got a pair of the Pearl Izumi lobster gloves. The lobster design really works. I have another pair of Pearl Izumi gloves with five fingers made of the same construction and material as the lobster version. The difference between the two are pretty dramatic. I also like to use chemical hand warmers, those used for skiing, and put them inside the gloves. The ones I use aren't called hand warmers but called toe warmers. They are very thin and have less chemicals than the traditional hand warmers. I stick them (they have self-adhesive glue on them) on the palms of my hands. The combination of the toe warmers and lobster gloves makes winter riding tolerable. I can ride in the low 20's F without my hands getting numb.