Specialized SHIV and Di2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

expan

by expan

Hi every one..i am interesting to buy a shiv for a TT bike
I allready have a Di2 from my previous bike
is easy to make Shiv Di2 compatible?
i have found this
http://miletichphotography.zenfolio.com ... 6311-5.jpg

L3X

by L3X

No it isn't because the Shiv isn't normally DI2 compatible. The frame has some polythene sleeves at both the cable entry and exit points which basically rules out using DI2.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Ask the owner of this bike how hard it is:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=84192&start=90

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

ive done it on a couple occasions. easiest to go external on the wire kit. there are two hold-ups:
1- there is no place for the lower junction. i ended up using a small screw-down cable guide to hold the junction box onto the rear brake housing under the bike. it's a close fit, to not interfere with the brake or the tire.
2- the rear derailleur wire has to pass by the brake post without interfering with the brake or the tire. it's very tight there, too, and i cut the back of the brake shoe and holder down to give it some room.
minor 3- the stock bars don't lend themselves to internal di2 wiring either.
minor 4- if you use the di2 tt brake/shift levers, you lose the barrel adjusters for the brakes. there's a second one for the rear brake at the noodle anyways, but the front one goes bye bye. if it's the nosecone Shiv, that really sucks.

good luck.

legsrburnin

by legsrburnin

It can definitely be done. I've ridden one very briefly from a shop to a truck.
A shop owner in New York has one.
Lefty heaven

rheubanks

by rheubanks

I have Di2 set up on my SHIV. External cabling. Not too hard to do. If you want, I can take a few pictures and send to you. I have the complete set-up. Aero bar shifters and the brake + shifters. Definitely doable. I mounted the junction box on the drive side chain stay. The front derailluer cable, the cable from the shifters, and battery cable run along the top part of the chain stay. The battery is in the Shimano recommended position of the down tube and seat tube junction.

I haven't really had that much of an issue with losing the adjustability of the brakes. I have training wheels and race on Zipp Firecrest 808s. We set the front brake wide. The back brake is easy to adjust. No real issues.

expan

by expan

rheubanks wrote:I have Di2 set up on my SHIV. External cabling. Not too hard to do. If you want, I can take a few pictures and send to you. I have the complete set-up. Aero bar shifters and the brake + shifters. Definitely doable. I mounted the junction box on the drive side chain stay. The front derailluer cable, the cable from the shifters, and battery cable run along the top part of the chain stay. The battery is in the Shimano recommended position of the down tube and seat tube junction.

I haven't really had that much of an issue with losing the adjustability of the brakes. I have training wheels and race on Zipp Firecrest 808s. We set the front brake wide. The back brake is easy to adjust. No real issues.

yes plase send me pics
pexarcho@gmail.com

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

Some photos from the TdF. Pro bars, but some ideas maybe.
http://www.bikeradar.com/gallery/articl ... Farticle#6

Abdullah The Destroyer

by Abdullah The Destroyer

rheubanks, could you please send me those pics as well?

jmstea0 at google mail

thanks!

~mike

MiSzA (PL)

by MiSzA (PL)

But you de realise, that there is a difference between the UCI and non-UCI frames? The nose-cone ones have more 'room' - and HTC used Shiv with PRO bars and non production stems - as seen in the picture posted above.

rheubanks

by rheubanks

Expan and Abullah,
Sent a couple emails with a few photos. Sorry for the large files. There is also an explanation in the original email. Let me know if something isn't clear and / or you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Robert

eljibe

by eljibe

Hello Robert,

if you don't mind, I'd be quite interesting in the photos and explanation about the Shiv and Di2. I'm experiencing some issues.
Thanks a lot.

please mail jeanbaptiste dot capelle at g mail dot com

:thumbup:

mpower

by mpower

rheubanks wrote:I have Di2 set up on my SHIV. External cabling. Not too hard to do. If you want, I can take a few pictures and send to you. I have the complete set-up. Aero bar shifters and the brake + shifters. Definitely doable. I mounted the junction box on the drive side chain stay. The front derailluer cable, the cable from the shifters, and battery cable run along the top part of the chain stay. The battery is in the Shimano recommended position of the down tube and seat tube junction.

Can email me the photos as well? Thanks.

ywlee333@hotmail.com

rheubanks

by rheubanks

eljibe and mpower,
sorry for the delayed response. i've been away for a bit am and just getting caught up on weight weenies forum.

i sent the three emails with pictures to your email. hope the emails provide some clarity.
regards,
robert

Carcinogent

by Carcinogent

Hi i am also interested on how you routed the Di2 cables on your Shiv. I am planning on getting the module for next season. I thought di2 internal was a no brainer, however, i guess i was wrong:). I really like the integration so i would rather not get a whole new bar/stem combo. My e-mail is: banishki@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!

-Carcinogent

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com