S-Works toupe question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I have an s works toupe, the older, light, model on my evo. It is excellent.

I had a toupe pro on my other bike and broke 2 of them in about 2000k each time. I decided to upgrade from that breaking saddle to the new S works toupe - it doesn't work for me at all.

I am currently searching for an old s works toupe without success. Is there any other saddle which people have used which is near identical to the OLD S works toupe shape in 143mm? Or does anyone want to sell me a black S works toupe 143.

Thanks
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stax

by stax

When did they change?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

highdraw

by highdraw

Toupes have gone through a few design interations over the years. It is my favorite saddle. Keep in mine the S-works model is considered the stiffest. They also have a more common Expert model which maybe a bit friendlier. But in my experience, Toupes actually break in a bit and if you give it some time, it may become more comfortable. They also are highly sensitive to saddle tilt in terms of pressure on your sit bones. So you may have to adjust the tilt of your new Toupe a bit more nose up to reduce pressure on your sit bones.
Much can be written about acclimating to a new saddle...even an old friend. Position, break in of the saddle itself which includes pad and shell and even one's butt. If starting fresh after a lay off, it takes me time to toughen up my butt to acclimate to the same saddle I have done centuries on with no pain.
Good luck

stax

by stax

ok. I have one that is maybe 18 months old with <1000k on it but it's probably too new a model by the sounds of it.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

OP is right, the lower range toupes will get soft over time. I'm happily using the s-works version and never want to change. Though it's stiff, the shape fits me well and I go 200km+ rides on it regularly with no problem.

Ebay will probably be your best bet in hunting for the old s-works toupe, good luck!

BRM

by BRM

NiFTY wrote:
I am currently searching for an old s works toupe without success.
Thanks

Try to search with google pictures on the required model.
So you have a good change to find links.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I just did a search, there's 4 to 5 black ones on ebay, some new too!

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Sorry i should have said I am in Australia, most of them won't post to Australia. Also I was looking for an alternative, as in the future the new old stock supply will be exhausted. That said I am stocking up.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Try getting a hopshopgo/com gateway shopping address and have it forwarded to you. I do tons of shopping online and have them ship it to me in Singapore.

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

I too used to love the old Toupe - had one for years on my SL2, with Ti rails. When I replaced that bike I went to the Specialized Concept shop and found that the new Romin was a better fit than the new Toupe. I might be a unique case, but thought I'd pass it on just in case!
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

si w

by si w

I've been breaking the new style pros a lot - had about 6 snap, replaced on warranty but frustrating as they are great saddles otherwise !

climber8

by climber8

greentimgreen wrote:...found that the new Romin was a better fit than the new Toupe. I might be a unique case, but thought I'd pass it on just in case!

keep in mind that the romin has a bit different fit than the toupe. i just discovered this. i happen to run the same size romin and toupe (143 for both), but someone the bigger side of the 143 toupe fit would require the 155 romin.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com