Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:09 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: help me buy a 386 bb
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:11 am 

i need a 386 bottom bracket and not sure which one to get. what are the popular choices

Post subject: Re: help me buy a 386 bb
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:23 pm 

I use an FSA 386EVO crankset with a 386EVO frame. I can strongly recommend BBInfinite bottom brackets. They use a one piece design that is supposed to eliminate issues with alignment. I have had issues with some other brands, namely clicking sounds and improper wear of the crank spindle. The BBInfinite bottom bracket has worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:42 pm 

Wheels Manufacturing outboard bb that threads into itself? Has lips on both sides, so no way it can come loose..unlike BBinfinite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:36 pm 

not sure if i like having to use an air hammer to remove it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:19 pm 

Shouldnt have to remove it, even if the bearings are shot..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:22 pm 

Just installed a new Wheels Mfg BB86 to replace a crappy pressfit SRAM version. I've had used them previously, but now the BB actually is threaded and screws into itself.

Way better than the press fit I had which I used loctite to secure it and deal with creaking.

I just had someone hold the frame securely while in the mech stand, and I hammer the crap out of the old one, first side with a screw driver, it popped out finally. Then used a socket/extension to get it flush against the other side still in the frame loctited in. Popped with with a few good whacks. No heating, and the old BB came right out. Just used some sand paper lightly to get it nice/smooth. Then greased the frame/bearing, used 1 wrench to install it. Once one side was secured and against the frame, I just screwed the other side with the wrench, and the other side never ever budged/turned at all, torqued it within reason, perfect. Smart design and resolves the creaking issue I would assume since the threaded connection keeps it secure in the BB.

For $99 for the angular steel contact bearings, really nice and smart design. For double you can get the ceramic version. Highly recommend it.

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bb ... ckets.html