Campagnolo super record 11 vs DA9000

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ticou

by ticou

I see your point. Let's talk about fabulous flops instead. Simplex anyone?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wingnut

by Wingnut

LionelB wrote:It amazes me how these threads can just go on and on.

Just like watching paint dry...

Rush

by Rush

I think people look at the 'groupset' the wrong way. I know a guy who is well respected in the local cycling community who runs SRAM Red shifters and rear derailleur, with Dura Ace brakes and front derailleur, with Campagnolo Ultra-torque cranks. He runs Ultegra chains and cassettes, with Shimano SP41 housing on the rear derailleur. To get his SRAM red shifting even better, he lubricates the ratchet with his own light grease with a mix of teflon oil. Clearly he has thought about this a lot and which components are the best for the job!

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Rush wrote: Clearly he has thought about this a lot and which components are the best for the job!

Clearly? Me thinks he's nuts. Nuts with a bike.

Geoff

by Geoff

@ticou, flop? Simplex?! Juy's masterpiece was a great leap forward. Without Simplex, today's Super Record and 7900 derailleurs might not even exist!

Anyway, as much as I love Campagnolo, either the new Super Record or the 7900 will be fantastic. If you want to blow your mind, you might consider electric Record or Di2.

Rush

by Rush

Butcher wrote:Clearly? Me thinks he's nuts. Nuts with a bike.

Why? You don't think it's highly likely that different manufacturers have slight advantages and disadvatanges when it comes down to individual component performance? And these perceived advantages will change depending on the application and intended use for the bicycle?

ticou

by ticou

Geoff wrote:@ticou, flop? Simplex?! Juy's masterpiece was a great leap forward. Without Simplex, today's Super Record and 7900 derailleurs might not even exist!

Anyway, as much as I love Campagnolo, either the new Super Record or the 7900 will be fantastic. If you want to blow your mind, you might consider electric Record or Di2.

How about Huret then?. Gorgeous molded black plastic RD cage hanger, lovely bulbous plastic downtube shifters too. How I loved twiddling with 'em to keep the low gear in situ on climbs, and the way it would do it's own EPS gear changes with no input on the flat.

alexb618

by alexb618

buy the one which you think looks better and fits your hands better

also you will find campagnolo to be expensive and difficult to get parts for when you are travelling for races

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Rush wrote:Why? You don't think it's highly likely that different manufacturers have slight advantages and disadvatanges when it comes down to individual component performance? And these perceived advantages will change depending on the application and intended use for the bicycle?

Just because this guy sells you his idea of what is best, does not mean it is true. Clearly he has thought about it, but that does not mean all these items work together properly. He makes is own oil and then says his oil is better than all the engineered oils there are available in the world. Really? Because he says so? Who is he? A nut with a bike and therefore I should believe him? I think not