2010 super record 11 vs 2012 super record 11

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Rumshcawheely

by Rumshcawheely

Sorry if this is already covered, I've search but haven't found anything in the time that I have to get the answer. I need to know of there are any performance differences between the two and if so is there's a retro fit kit to upgrade the 2010 to be the same as 2012. I don't care about graffix, just function. My problem is that I can by 2010 for $600 cheaper that 2012 and I'm just trying to make the right choice. This question is specific to shifters and derailleurs only. Thank guys for any feedback!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/07/ ... -11_130017

There were quite a few improvements introduced in the 2011 SR

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

There were running changes to the original SR. The levers were modified and the RD had an upgraded spring.
There's a thread about it that tells you how to ID the RD to see if it's the new version or not. I'll try and find it.

Rumshcawheely

by Rumshcawheely

5 8 5 wrote:There were running changes to the original SR. The levers were modified and the RD had an upgraded spring.
There's a thread about it that tells you how to ID the RD to see if it's the new version or not. I'll try and find it.

Please do, all help is appreciated.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

milroy

by milroy

There is a thread on here somewhere about the upgraded carbon joints on the new SR RD failing.
The first iteration of SR RDs were alloy.

To be clear, I'm not fear mongering. I doubt it would stop me buying one (if I needed it).