Wheels for training...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Karbon

by Karbon

I'm thinking about a set of wheels for my Paduano Gladio as the frame will be ready soon and I need to get them built.

Base point is a set of PMP or DT Swiss 240 hubs 28h front, 32h rear built with DT Aerolite spokes and either DT R1.1 rims, or something like that (maybe Amborsio Excellight or EST13/14). Any suggestions or room for improvement?

The spoke choice was just because I can. :twisted:

They will be shod with Vittoria Open Pave CG for winter use, and probably Veloflex Pave or DedaTre Milano-San Remo for summer use.

I have aero wheels, I have real light wheels, these just have to be good for anything the roads will throw at them as I put on the miles (hopefully removing the waistline pounds!). Lower weight is a bonus, but not at the expense of strength.

So let's hear your pet likes/dislikes :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

I tend to build my training (in bad weather)/racing wheels so that they have same number of spokes on front and rear. Why? Because I have ALWAYS one spare rim and few spare spokes on stock at home. Just for quick fixing after crash....I use 32 hole RR1.1's and black X-rays+Record hubs.

ALx

by ALx

edit: oups
Sprinters are born not made