Prologo saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

skiezo

by skiezo

Over the summer I picked up a box at a yard sale that had a few prologo saddles in it as well as some of there bar tape.
I have been trying the saddles over the last 9 months both on the road and on the rollers.
I rode the old style regal saddles for years and really likes the shape of the saddle. But over the last few years I was getting
some hip discomfort due to the width of the saddle and a change of stem.. So I found the SLR XP and I liked the flatter profile of the saddle. Had them on each of my bikes for the last few years.
So I have been trying these Prologo's on my one bike. I found that I really like the nago evo plus in 134mm. It has just the slightest dip that keeps me in one place but is not to deep like the old concor.
Anyone else like the prologo's? I will be trying the scratch pro plus as well as older scratch pro ti on the rollers this week.
Anyone else like the Prologo saddles?
There microtouch and doubletouch seem like a nice tape. I will be wrapping my bars with the microtouch this weekend.

Skiezo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boolinwall

by boolinwall

I ode a scratch off and on a few years ago. The HWD model with the multi density carbon fibre underside. It's shape mimics that of a Regal quite nicely, only it's smaller. a lot smaller. It's actually closer to san marco's long forgotten Strada model. All in all, a really nice, well made saddle. If not for my disvovering Selle SMP saddles, I'd likely be still using a scratch.

boolinwall

by boolinwall

Oh yeah, and come hell or high water. My bikes will always have prologo double touch bar tape.lol

renoracing

by renoracing

I just recently switched from a Specialized Romin to a Prologo Scratch Nack in "Hard Black". The Romin wasn't necessarily uncomfortable, but I just never felt it disappear underneath me. So I gave the Scratch a go and with about 500 miles on it, I'm really liking it. I like the slight upturn at the tail end of the saddle, which gives something to kind of push back against. Unfortunately I was thinking I'd save some weight going from the standard Romin to the Prologo Scratch Nack. I opted for the "hard black" model with carbon rails, which was advertised at 165 grams, but actually weighed in at 206 grams, so I really only managed to save 20 grams in the switch that cost $150...

upside

by upside

I have been on them for about 4 years. I prefer the Scratch or Scratch Nack which is a rounder saddle. The material wears quite well and I am :up: :up: :up:

maxxevv

by maxxevv

renoracing wrote: I like the slight upturn at the tail end of the saddle, which gives something to kind of push back against. Unfortunately I was thinking I'd save some weight going from the standard Romin to the Prologo Scratch Nack. I opted for the "hard black" model with carbon rails, which was advertised at 165 grams, but actually weighed in at 206 grams, so I really only managed to save 20 grams in the switch that cost $150...

That's a massively overweight one! I have both the HWD and the Nack model. My HWD's weigh in about 205g range but my Nack comes in at 178g.

Came from a long line of Selle Italia saddles, the classic Flite, SLK, SLC, SLR, Flite Kit Carbonio Flow (in almost 20years of riding) but never got completely comfortable on them. Tried the Scratch Nack as I liked a friend's Fizik Aliante (but not the overall durability), as it was a very similar construction. Turns out its both lighter and better built ( but also more expensive). First saddle that I can completely not think about for those multi-hour rides. :thumbup:

by 113245

My first road bike had a prologo kappa pas. Super comfortable right away, I never had any issues with it.
... I miss my old saddle :( I have an Antares that I got for free and money is kind of tight so I don't wanna buy a kappa pas.

skiezo

by skiezo

I have a kappa on a syntace P6 post that I will switch out if I am gonna be doing an all day/multi day ride. It is a bit heavy but but back side really likes it on longgggg rides. I get no numbness with it and for the slightly more upright position it is great.
On my bike for a bit more aggressive rides it is a bit to wide tho. I can feel it in my hip joints after a few hours.

Skiezo

by 113245

I somewhat recall the same feeling in the hips after century+ rides. It was the only saddle I'd ever ridden since then, though, so I guess I didn't know any better :)

marcelflash

by marcelflash

I am riding the new zero ll CPC saddle now for about 900 km and the anti slip is working really well. I have to get out of the saddle to take in a new position. The padding is firm and the nose is wide to sit on in a TT position. Previously I rode the Kurve Snake, Arione, K:o and Antares. But I didn't want to slide anymore and that's solved now. I even ordered the TT version coming from the old one which I liked and I think it will be even better. Will post about the TT too in time.

russianbear

by russianbear

So I was a big fan of the Arione. After my crash (broke the saddle) I decided to try a different saddle and now ride an SLR carbonio, it's alright, but a little less comfy than the arione. I was about to go back to a CX but thought maybe give one of the prologo's a try, what would you guys recommend that's like the arione?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com