Nitto S65 seatpost and low profile SLR saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

idler

by idler

I am considering buying a one bolt Nitto S65 seatpost for my steel bike but I am a bit concerned about the height of the seat clamp mechanism (which looks pretty high).

I favour Selle Italia SLR saddles but those I have (Titanium rails and Kit Carbone) have rails significantly closer to the saddle body than most and hence I am interested in anyone's experience with this combination - in other words is there enough clearance between the top of the clamp and the bottom of the saddle?

Cheers

idler

by idler

idler wrote:I am considering buying a one bolt Nitto S65 seatpost for my steel bike but I am a bit concerned about the height of the seat clamp mechanism (which looks pretty high).

I favour Selle Italia SLR saddles but those I have (Titanium rails and Kit Carbone) have rails significantly closer to the saddle body than most and hence I am interested in anyone's experience with this combination - in other words is there enough clearance between the top of the clamp and the bottom of the saddle?

Cheers

This thread had a number of views - but no responses. So to answer my own question after buying and fitting an SLR Titanium, there is no problem with having sufficient clearance between saddle and post. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com