Minimalist tool kit / bag

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tdudzik

by tdudzik

not sure if someone's mentioned it yet, but the Arundel Uno is pretty minimalist. I'd check that one out

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

skiezo

by skiezo

I use a small Arundel bag.

Co2 W/ inflator
Patches
latex tube
link
small tools.

If riding the bike with tubulars I have an old, beat up spare instead of the tube.

Chans1ee

by Chans1ee

I think best pocket tool is onguard 1308. this tool is lightweight and very small, but it has many function includes chain cutter.

stuka666

by stuka666

Where do you bought that onguard? What was the price?

Laurapalmer

by Laurapalmer

Brandonnie wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:50 am
All in back pockets. Tube co2 and tire lever. Done.
And how about long rides? Same?

ooo

by ooo

Extra tube(s) mounted on bike using electrical tape
'

Aya

by Aya

I don't use any bag, cause I ride without tools, tubes, pumps....
All I take in my back pocket is just my wallet, small pack of tissue, and smartphone.
Fortunately, everytime my tire went flat, there was a bike shop within the range of 30 minute's walk, until now, at least.
If my bike's tube has puncture at the place far from bike shop...
Hmm... Imagining that kind of situation...
Well... I gotta buy a saddle bag tomorrow...

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Just managed to downsize my tubular repair kit - that's an electric pump, small bottle of sealant, tool and valve core removal tool inside a small sci-con saddle bag the size of my palm. I prefer keeping it in my jersey pocket rather than on my saddle though some says it's a bit dangerous cos of the hard object. Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mastaliu

by mastaliu

Backcountry Research strap. Very simple, super minimalist, and cheap. Fits tube, canister, 2 levers, patch kit, and a little multitool.

markdjr

by markdjr

Kayrehn wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:41 pm
Just managed to downsize my tubular repair kit - that's an electric pump, small bottle of sealant, tool and valve core removal tool inside a small sci-con saddle bag the size of my palm. I prefer keeping it in my jersey pocket rather than on my saddle though some says it's a bit dangerous cos of the hard object. Image

How are you liking the electric pump? How does it compare to co2? How many tires can it inflate before charging? Thanks for any info.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

The pump is great! Works well, not concerned with the lack of a pressure gauge display. Supposed to be able to inflate 3 tires up to 120psi on a single charge if I remember right. Check out the review of it here https://cyclingtips.com/2019/06/fumpa-a ... ps-review/

I bought it cos its great to being this instead of a standard size pump on the occasions when I travel with my bike. Plus, I can help get the group riding again quick when someone punctures.

Greatestalltime

by Greatestalltime

Zip lock with tube, cartridge, inflator, schrader adaptor,and tire lever with rubber bands(or wife’s hair tie things)holding it tight so it will all fit in my jersey.

I have multiple bags packed with different stem lengths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleaner

by Cleaner

PB Swiss 5 mm hex key with bit adapater and other required bits. Can be altered and updated as needed and weighs less than most multi tools.
Attachments
RBTK.jpg