Setting the slope for 2 PM's in 1 PC7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Geoff

by Geoff

The SRM software or the PC7 do not allow you to change the slope recorded by the PowerMeter itself without having that done by the factory. Accordingly, every time you change the same PC7 to a different PowerMeter having a different slope, where that PowerMeter has a slope which is different than as originally delivered by the factory, you need to change the slope manually. To make sure I never have a problem, I always leave the PC7 set to 'manual slope'.

Apparently, there is a hack you can do with a Garmin to re-set the slope broadcast by the PowerMeter. Some of the replies you have suggest this. I have never done this myself. If, however, you could change the broadcast slope of all your PowerMeters, but if you forget to change your PC7 from 'manual' to 'automatic', it will still record the last slope you manually installed in SRMWin.

Hope that makes sense!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

Hey Geoff,

The thing is, I did the Garmin slope change, but only on 1 of my pm's (didn't have the other bike around when I borrowed a friends Garmin 500).
So I was wondering If I could just leave the slope of the non-changed pm in the PC7 and then use the other pm (with updated slope in the crank) run without changing the slope in the PC7 as this one has the right value in there.

But from what you're saying I don't think that is possible, as it's not possible to have "manual" and "automatic" both at the same time.

The garmin hack was pretty easy though, so I think I'll just try get my hands on a Garmin again to adjust the slope in the other crank and then just put the PC7 on manual ;).
This is my Bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.

Geoff

by Geoff

That is correct. It is either one or the other. Again, I just set manually when I switch cranks...