BBRight Cervelo Compatibility With SRM Rotor 3D+ Power Meter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ddj5300

by ddj5300

Does anyone know if this power meter would be compatible with Cervelo's new BBright BB.

Thanks

http://www.srm.de/us/powermeter/road/rotor-3d-standard
Last edited by ddj5300 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naisan

by naisan

Bbright has adapter cups to fit std shimano bottom brackets. Most rotor bbs are shimano compatible. Call SRM to confirm.

alexroseinnes

by alexroseinnes

SRM will release their Rotor 3D+ power meter very soon. Garmin-Cervelo have them already. Tyler Farrar's bike:

ddj5300

by ddj5300

Thanks so much for the response - Can't wait until I can get my hands on this :lol:

alexroseinnes

by alexroseinnes

Me first!

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

ddj5300 wrote:
alexroseinnes wrote:SRM will release their Rotor 3D+ power meter very soon. Garmin-Cervelo have them already. Tyler Farrar's bike:

Thanks so much for the response - Can't wait until I can get my hands on this :lol:

That's not the 3d+. it's the regular 3d, with the 24mm spindle. it's on an S3, it doesn't use the bbright system.

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

No, that's the 3D+ cranks. (It even says so on the arms, but the big, red cap is a giveaway).

It works on any BSA frame. You just need to use the "BSA30" BB from Rotor. I am having a similar setup myself on a Storck frame with BSA BB.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

yup. i was wrong.
see other bbright post.
damn, I hate being wrong.

thanks, though.
-Greg

Geoff

by Geoff

Mmmmm. That is a nice PowerMeter! Has anyone weighed it?

chrcoe

by chrcoe

not to revive an 'old' thread(but I'm going to :noidea: ) I thought I'd chime in. I just purchased a rotor 3D+ SRM. I had to email them directly and I managed to snag one of the last ones they had in stock. He said they'd be out for another 3-4 weeks because of demand for the regular 3D+ cranks (at least in 170mm). They are not on the website yet but he said they were about to do some shots for the website sometime this week/weekend.

Have not had a chance to ride them yet (I had to order BSA30 because my frame doesn't have BB30... in the future maybe and that's another reason I thought these'd be great). However, with the cranks, SRM meter, chainrings (53/39 standard, non-q rings) not including the BB, the weight comes in at 747g. BSA30 ceramic (according to comp. cyclist) weighs 88g so for me it will be 835g.

If I ever get the q-rings, it should drop some weight because I believe they are lighter than the standard non-q, but for now, 835 for a badass SRM, that is not carbon, is pretty .. well badass IMHO.

the kit doesn't come with any bearings from what I saw but maybe it's because I told him I'd be getting the BSA30 BB. It does come with spacers if you were using BB30. If I remember, I'll update once I get a chance to hammer on them. :beerchug:

-Chris

ddj5300

by ddj5300

Found this posted on Jedi Sports out of Germany

http://www.jedi-sports.de/product_info. ... -2011.html
Cervélo R3 Red SRM 2011
You will receive a coupon for the changing of the Rotor Crankset at SRM from us.
The person who will send the crank and the coupon to SRM will get his/ her crank including the SRM System- changed by SRM themselves.
This special SRM Rotor crankset you will not been able to buy on the free market. It is an exclusive product for Cervelo clients of authorized professional Cervelo resellers ONLY.
Frame: Cervelo R3 BBright
Fork: FK30
Seatpost: 3T Dorico Team
Headset: Cane Creek
Stem: 3T ARX Pro
Handlebar: 3T Ergonova Pro
Groupset: Sram Red 2x10, SRM Rotor BBright Standard 53-39, PG-1070 12-25
Wheelset: Fulcrum Racing 7
Tires: Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick
Tubes: Vittoria
Saddle: Fizik Arione
Pedal: -

We appreciate any enquiries to supply you a special personal offer.
info@jedi-sports.de

ddj5300

by ddj5300

I have the power meter installed & it is working fairly well - I talked to rotor & they had some issues with the chain falling off the big chainring when big to big. They are sending me a new one - other than that it works great & I am loving training with power.

ps - the white seat is going to be changed for a black one

triguy42

by triguy42

I'm also considering the same setup, a Rotor 3D+ SRM with a BSA30 adaptor for my BP Stealth TT/tri rig. I'm concerned about ankle clearance though, because it looks like the Rotor cranks are pretty wide at the axle. I had problems with my old Ergomo + FSA cranks, and the Ergomo had little stubs sticking out at the axle. They would catch my ankle bone on the downstroke, and I had to remove one of the washers to make sure it cleared.

My current setup is a cheap Shimano 105 Octalink, and the width of the crank at the axle is exactly 130mm, with a 145mm Q factor. Supposedly the Rotor 3D+ is 147mm, which is insignificantly different. However, it looks like the overall width at the axle is a lot larger, maybe 145mm or so based on pictures. Does anyone have a set of calipers that could tell me how wide it is at the axle? Is it wider there than with the old school Campy square taper SRM?

ty-ro

by ty-ro

triguy42 wrote:Supposedly the Rotor 3D+ is 147mm, which is insignificantly different.

I have a set of standard Rotor BSA cranks, which the Rotor rep said have the same Q-Factor as the 3D+. I measure 147 mm from the outside of each crank arm face. There is 1 mm of inset on each arm where the pedal spindle rests against the crank arm. This brings the Q down 2 mm total, so the final Q is 145 mm.

Just so you know, this was measured several times with calipers.

triguy42

by triguy42

Thanks ty-ro, good to know the 147mm is accurate. I'm guessing the BSA cranks you have are not the same axle design as the 3D or 3D+, so the axle width on yours wouldn't be the same as the SRM 3D/3D+, correct? I measured my Shimano 105 Qfactor at 145.4mm where the spec is 145mm, so definitely within the range of measurement error. But they have a 130mm axle width so I'd have 7.5mm of ankle bone clearance on each side. I just hope that the 3D+ has the same space!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com