HT Components Carbon-Ti Cleat Pedal

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

minimini

by minimini

PK01T Model

Spec is 162g

$260

I wonder if they use durable that some people comment

http://www.hti-pedals.com/ht_portal/pro ... tCname=pro
Attachments
제목 없음.jpg

theremery

by theremery

More people would ride these if they didn't achieve the low weight by using a DU bush against a Ti spindle. Like Exustar and others that use the same basic design, they will have too much drag and wear at an increasingly alarming rate once the TiN coating on the spindle is worn away. Sadly, the TiN loss takes about 2 rides......and the pedals need the bin within a year. By that reckoning, you are better off with a set of Time ULteams......about 10g heavier but last such a long time and have a very low drag/bearing resistance design.
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MOTOMATT
Shop Owner

by MOTOMATT

theremery wrote:More people would ride these if they didn't achieve the low weight by using a DU bush against a Ti spindle. Like Exustar and others that use the same basic design, they will have too much drag and wear at an increasingly alarming rate once the TiN coating on the spindle is worn away. Sadly, the TiN loss takes about 2 rides......and the pedals need the bin within a year. By that reckoning, you are better off with a set of Time ULteams......about 10g heavier but last such a long time and have a very low drag/bearing resistance design.

sorry to hijack thread ,What do you think of the Time Xpresso 12 Titan Carbon Pedals ?

Estelja

by Estelja

Searching "Xpresso" would have returned this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=111827

MOTOMATT
Shop Owner

by MOTOMATT

Estelja wrote:Searching "Xpresso" would have returned this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=111827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wanted to get theremery's opinion.

sigismond0

by sigismond0

I always wondered why more weight weenies don't go with Bebops. Cromo pedals plus titanium replacement spindles comes in around $150 and weigh the same as Speedplay Nanogram Zeros. I guess they're not for people that don't like floaty pedals, but they sure hit the sweet spot for price:weight:performance. Good quality bearings too, none of this durant bushung nonsense. The big thing though is that I don't have to have two different sets of pedals for my bikes--they're light and solid enough for race pedals, and cheap and walkable enough for casual bike shoes.

The one thing that the HT pedals have going for them is that they're LOOK compatible, which means you have plenty of cleats readily available. That durant bushing, though, gives me pause. At that point you might as well just go all out and get those pedals that are just titanium spindles with a durant sleeve.

theremery

by theremery

Yeah....sorry but I can't comment on the xpressos, or the iClics. I hear the 1st generation iClics are NOT good but know nothing of the xpresso model. The ones I'd recommend are the old RXS if you are on a budget, carbon Ti if you are patient (to get a good pair second hand.....or cheap via NOS, ) or Ulteams for the weight weenies who want to search. Check you don't use them with a pair of "ridged" cleats* (the brass bit can develop a ridge if you run them under constant twisting load if you set them up a bit out of alignment with your natural foot position) but otherwise these pedals last a mighty long time and the Ti spindled ones are light.
[* doing this causes the cleat to make the little u-shaped bars the cleat engages into work loose over time]
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

sigismond0 wrote:I always wondered why more weight weenies don't go with Bebops. Cromo pedals plus titanium replacement spindles comes in around $150 and weigh the same as Speedplay Nanogram Zeros. I guess they're not for people that don't like floaty pedals, but they sure hit the sweet spot for price:weight:performance. Good quality bearings too, none of this durant bushung nonsense. The big thing though is that I don't have to have two different sets of pedals for my bikes--they're light and solid enough for race pedals, and cheap and walkable enough for casual bike shoes.

BeBops are AWESOME for MTB or Casual, however to use them for road often means finding an adapter for road shoes, which adds to the weight, or use MTB shoes, which are heavier than road shoes... and this is weight weenies, so... :mrgreen:

But yes, agreed, love my BeBops... on my lockable bike and my MTB.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.