Canyon frame sizing advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

giobox

by giobox

Hi all, wondering if anyone here could give me a hand? About to purchase a Canyon ultimate CF SLX and having a dilemma over sizing. Given my height I think I am roughly in between the small and the medium frame. I had a bike fitting done a few months ago and was given some optimum size charts - struggling to marry this data up with Canyon's geometry charts.

I was wondering if anyone with some experience in these matters could take a look at my charts and help advise me on the correct frame size to order?

The canyon sizing can be found at https://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3126 in case my screenshot is too small.
Attachments
sizing1.jpg
sizing2.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 18.27.19.jpg

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

That drawing shows you with bar x,y of 473,653
Attached screen snip shows that you would need a lot of spacers to get the bars that high (with reach within a few mm) on either of those Canyon sizes.
What bar reach are those figures based on? Large is looking like your best option (sorry, not shown)
Attachments
Canyon.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

krtassoc

by krtassoc

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/bikefit

(I have used the Lemond-Hinault method for many years.)

fa63

by fa63

Your saddle height and reach measurements are almost identical to mine. That said, I think you have no busines on a small. I think even the medium might be too low in the front (I think Canyons only come with 25mm of spacers, so you would probably need a positive rise stem as well). If I was buying a Canyon CF SLX, I would be looking at the L.

thesimones

by thesimones

Concur with fa63. I've had a Canyon AeroRoad and the 56 was a bit smaller than most as far as stack and TT. Your measurements would size you out on the Medium and you would be more comfortable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

I have an AL which is the same geo. Your saddle and reach are similar to mine (my stem is a little lower). Go for the M/56. Just be sure to get them to leave 25mm of spacers above the headset so you can cut it down to where you want it.