Fizik Cyrano - long term reports?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I am interested to hear of feedback from long time Fizik Cyrano users. There was some talk of creak from the clamp in the early days, but now that's it's been on the market for a good 18 months, how are folks getting on with them? Any issues? I still like my Thomson Elite, but yearn for a straight post to supplant the kinked Thomson look.

thanks.

sungod

by sungod

no issues, good clamp, styling is good too, but even the cf one is pretty heavy and has very little give, in the end i changed it for something much lighter/comfier (i'm keeping the cyrano in case i ever crack the light one!)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Interesting. The other post I was looking at was the 3T Dorico, but the clamp with the two separate yokes looked a little iffy for Fizik carbon rails. I could be wrong on that, though.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

The Dorico has some reasonable clamp surface on the lower part of the clamp. It's not like some of the clamps that are virtual guillotine... Fizik's rails are also pretty damn solid (though not indestructable...)

The Cyrano have performed really well so far... zero creaking movement slipping... That said, they are very stiff and not the lightest, but they are a solid post with huge surface for rails...

foofighter

by foofighter

Can you guys really notice the flex in the seatpost? I have a carbon cyrano but I can't really tell that it's stiff. Maybe because I was used to running a Thomson before? I run 105 psi in the rear. I would think the saddles and tires have more flex than the post.

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

BdaGhisallo wrote:I am interested to hear of feedback from long time Fizik Cyrano users. There was some talk of creak from the clamp in the early days, but now that's it's been on the market for a good 18 months, how are folks getting on with them? Any issues? I still like my Thomson Elite, but yearn for a straight post to supplant the kinked Thomson look.

thanks.

I have a carbon Cyrano. I haven't had any issues with it with creaking or anything at all.
I just set-it and forgot-it. I still find it a beautiful piece and I feel super safe that it secures
my 7X9 oval carbon rails. I inspected the rails when I removed it in the thread below and they
looked fine. FTR, I weigh 220lbs when I rode a lot on bad New York Suburban roads on a CAAD9.

I have to say however that I really like the aluminum Cyrano. It's gorgeous.
I have a Thomson Elite on my Mountain Bike. If there is a challenger to the
Thomson in finish and quality, the Cyrano is it for sure.

My Cyrano Cutting Thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=98005

:thumbup:

schmiken

by schmiken

With regard to the whole KCNC wirecutter type rails - have a look at this:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98133

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

FYI OP, here are the seatpost clamp designs approved by Fizik for their carbon rails:

sungod

by sungod

foofighter wrote:Can you guys really notice the flex in the seatpost? I have a carbon cyrano but I can't really tell that it's stiff. Maybe because I was used to running a Thomson before? I run 105 psi in the rear. I would think the saddles and tires have more flex than the post.

i couldn't say that it's a matter of flexing, simply a difference in comfort

the cf cyrano gave less buzz on rough road surface than the alu one, but when i tried a much lighter post (ax europa) it was even better

i used the same saddle on all of them, it's an unpadded cf one so maybe the differences between posts are more noticeable than with a squidgier saddle

rainerhq

by rainerhq

What is the offset of this seatpost? Fizik homepage does not give info about that.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com