App to help design bike colors?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

commfire

by commfire

I am looking for a photo cropping app or software that would help me change colors for bar/saddle, logos, wheel decals and such. Any suggestions on a good inexpensive photo editing software?

I know, first world problems....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

I use Gimp. Select the region (perhaps with the scissors tool, which is able to track high-contrast boundaries -- set featuring to 1-3 pixels for best look), then Colors->Hue-Saturation to change the color and saturation level. There's more sophisticated techniques, but this is fairly quick.

afie

by afie

If you are looking to use different colours that work well together, online tools such as http://colorschemedesigner.com/ can give some good combos.

Adobe has one that can take colours from an uploaded photo and give you the best complementary colours.
Riccò "Of the 10 controls taken, only two were positive. In theory all the tests should have been positive, therefore the method needs to be checked," he said.

phatphuk

by phatphuk

commfire wrote:I am looking for a photo cropping app or software that would help me change colors for bar/saddle, logos, wheel decals and such. Any suggestions on a good inexpensive photo editing software?

I know, first world problems....

check this out.