Best stability cleat pedal

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Illuminate

by Illuminate

fdegrove wrote:Hi,

Cleats don't wear whilst pedalling. How could they?
They all wear whenever you unclip. Same goes for shoecovers btw.

Ciao, ;)

I remember with my old look red cleats, they used to wear out at the back due to the float (and movement/friction) when pedalling. As they wear at the back, tension keeping you clipped in declines.

Cheers,
I

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Should have said, bad design notwithstanding. My mistake.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

KLabs

by KLabs

Illuminate wrote:Another vote for the Keywins. Have tried VP (SPD), Looks and Time.

Keywin advantages:
Huge platform are = better stability.
Glassy smooth bearings - even after 30,000km.
Very easy to service at home.
Low stack height
Not sprung from the back unlike the others (different lock in mechanism) which means that I can't pull my foot out in a sprint when i'm powering with the hamstrings.
Light.
No weight limit (I'm heavy).
One on one service (dialogue) with the product fella who makes them.
Not asian made (origin = NZ) = help supporting the manufacturing sector which is struggling to compete against dollar a day wages OS.
Long cleat life (slippery buggers to walk in though).
Choice of axle length.

I'm sure there are other benefits but these are a few of the points that I can think of.

I have no vested interest in the company - just a happy customer.

Cheers.

Hi Illuminate, the Keywins look very good and I like the fact that you can dial the float from 0' to 6', light weight, no weight limit, that it is of NZ origin, etc :)

Do you know of other links that provide further information about these pedals?
Are they easy to service/maintain?
How often do you need to service them?

Shame the float isn't 0' to 7.5' but perhaps the extra float isn't necessary with this arrangement ... I wonder why these pedals aren't more widely used?

thanks

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90491&hilit=keywin+crm

http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f2 ... 24814.html

Check out these threads for a lot more info.

I am a big fan of Keywins. They are an awesome pedal and the new Keywin Carbons are fantastic.

KLabs

by KLabs

BdaGhisallo wrote:http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90491&hilit=keywin+crm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f2 ... 24814.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out these threads for a lot more info.
I am a big fan of Keywins. They are an awesome pedal and the new Keywin Carbons are fantastic.

Hi BdaGhisallo, thanks, I will have a good read :)

I have read of all the posts ... they appear to be awesome and I will place this pedal at the top of my list.

It was interesting to read posts where riders having knee trouble with other pedals simply did not have the issue with these pedals .. awesome :)

Body

by Body

My update:

Since 4 weeks I cycle with the new SPD Sl pedals with fixed cleats. The first week I noticed a little bit irriation on my knee after 1.30 hours cycling. Than I got this knee stability exercise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qn7dF5QPDI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since doing this excersise every day I cycle without without knee irritation and the last 3 weeks I could even cycle 3 hours.

I hope I have fixed the problem now.
5 april
Today I cycled 102 kim with some hills without problems.

Thanks for your support!!
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein