SRAM XX1 XG1199 11 Speed 10-42T Cassette

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KLabs

by KLabs

Hey NS, do you have the XX1 on your stump jumper ... if so, tell us your opinion of it :-)

NS

by NS

Only had it on there for a week but its performing well so far. Changes are smooth and not lost the chain off the single ring so it's doing exactly as advertised. Nice and light too!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BobDopolina
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by BobDopolina

Frankie - B wrote:I also received a few hints that sram is working on 11 speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've seen their new 11spd freehub body already. It's certainly in the pipeline. As was mentioned previously, wait for Sea Otter.
BDop Cycling Co., Ltd.
https://www.bdopcycling.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KLabs

by KLabs

BobDopolina wrote:
Frankie - B wrote:I also received a few hints that sram is working on 11 speed.

I've seen their new 11spd freehub body already. It's certainly in the pipeline. As was mentioned previously, wait for Sea Otter.

Thanks Guys, I thought the Sea Otter reference was a joke ... but it's not, there you go ... thanks :-)

I haven't seen the Crank specs but the Q is probably better than with the dual Cranksets ...

PS: Ahh, just saw this ... SRAM Sea Otter Road Classic Race, Friday and Saturday, April 19-20, 2013 ... All Road Race categories will start on Laguna Seca Raceway at the Sea Otter Bridge. The route continues down Barloy Canyon Road to the classic Fort Ord race loop. After completing the required laps for your category, you will climb back up Barloy Canyon, to its crest, for a mountaintop finish. Sea Otter Classic is part of the Northern California and Nevada Cycling Association (NCNCA) series and NCNCA point system.

http://www.seaotterclassic.com/index.cfm/competitive_events_rb_sram_road_bike.htm

djconnel

by djconnel

The Expo is good. The race courses are solid but the promotion's a bit over-extended and support suffers. Despite the crowding, though, it's full road closure, so worth doing. There's also mountain bike events, a gran fondo, and other stuff.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

SRAM has a long history of using Sea Otter for product announcements.
http://www.sram.com/news/sea-you-sea-otter wrote:April 15, 2008
Sea you at Sea Otter

The 18th annual Sea Otter Classic starts up this week (April 17-20) and for the 14th year SRAM will be a top level sponsor. Long considered a trade show wrapped in a race alongside a festival, SRAM has long taken advantage of the tremendous attendance by launching product, testing product, hosting editors, and promoting all its wares.

In 2006 SRAM launched their two new road groups, and countless MTB innovations first saw daylight at the Otter. 2008 will be no different and consumers might expect to see tremendous media coverage of a range of new componentry as the event unfolds. Keep an eye on the World's top cycling sites for new products from the SRAM family of brands - SRAM, RockShox, Avid, Truvativ and Zipp.

And if you get a chance, please come on out to Monterey and stop by the SRAM Tech areas.

http://www.seaotterclassic.com/
By the way, those two new road groups introduced in 2006 were Force and Rival, as Red wasn't introduced until the following year.

kudeta

by kudeta

Sram Red 11 speed spotted at TdU on Sram USA employees bike. Running on Zipp 404. To Convert to 11spd needs just a RHS Shifter/Brake replacement, Rear Mech & 11spd friendly freehub. Full production model by the look of it. Saw it whilst the bike was parked in Williamstown