Caad 10 raw or S6 matte black

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

Cant decide. I just sold a Caad 10 due to dent in the top tube and need to replace it. This is going to be a second bike to my EVO. My shop is offering me a Raw 10 complete for $1500 has Rival with Fulcrum 7's, or an S6 frameset off an Apex build for $850. I would be selling the Rival stuff and keeping the wheels if I go the Caad route. I figure I could get 400-500 for the rival. Which puts the bike at $1100. If I get the S6 would need a set of cheapo training wheels. I figure $300 or so there which puts the S6 at $1150. So its a wash cost wise. I will mainly use the bike for rainy days and training with a few RR and crits. I should be smart and go with the S6 but i loved my CAAD. The Ridley Damocles from CC at $1000 tempted me too heh. I have a chorus gruppo with an SL crank waiting for anything I choose. The S6 should be a tad lighter and the ride about the same as a Caad from what I hear. Opinions would be very welcome.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

Done deal, Supersix being built. Campy Chorus, Hollowgram cranks, for now Ritchey C260, WCS carbon post, Ritchey classics, and Boyd 58 tubbies. Cant wait to weigh it. Not the lightest build but should do ok, I think. I'll post pics when its done