BMC Impec Owners

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Have you considered removing the top tube?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

OMG that thing is totally fake. It's a death trap waiting to happen. It might even explode.
I only care about your safety, so I think it's best for you, your family and those in your life that carry you in their hearts that you quickly remove all the components and put that frame and fork into a box. This way it won't accidentally be "built up" by one of your family members, or a roommate, or someone coming by your house to nick your stuff, and they might fall victim to that horrible fake frame. They might even sue you for damages because you left a dangerous weapon just lying around in a box in your house. In America, these things happen. In fact, you better get that box far, far away from you for the sake of safety and your future.

Just send it to me, I'll pay for shipping. I will sacrifice my safety for yours without charge to you. Send me a direct message anytime, I'll Paypal you the money for shipping in exchange for a tracking number.

In the meantime, I'll pray for your safety.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Wcl4

by Wcl4

Bike will be cheap, but the shipping to LA is going to be expensive.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I'm offering to pay for shipping, no more. Afterall, it's a death trap and I'm taking the risk. We can even sign a contract about transfer of the frame and you not being held liable. We can use International Post (USPS in the US) for shipping.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

nicrump

by nicrump

I just recently read an article in a composites industry journal about the impec. The author talked about how they initially assembled the frame and then painted the nodes but later changed the process to paint the nodes before assembly. Or reverse, I cant remember.

The article is online, might shed some light on your query.

http://www.compositesworld.com/articles ... by-machine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tinozee

by tinozee

Way to go nicrump. That is the beauty of organized, topic based forums vs. random social media in a nutshell.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

is it me or does the 2nd pic on your flickr acct look like the tube to node junction isn't square?! Would that really be the case on a genuine frame , or is just a trick of the light?

Wcl4

by Wcl4

nicrump - thanks for the link which addresses why it looks painted afterwards:
Notably, BMC originally painted the shells and tubes before assembly, using 6-axis robots. But today, shells and tubes are assembled first, then hand sprayed. “Our geometries were really too complex for the robot,” says Kaenzig. Until robots demonstrate sufficient agility and suitable quality-assurance measures can be developed, he says, “it is faster for us to paint by hand and have 100 percent assurance of the quality we need.”

It also explains why the flickr link in my first post looks better, as that was a first gen model with the red seat post.

Monkeyboy - the shot straight down on the top tube - the node is not squared off.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54067629@N ... otostream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/38573046@N ... 639011171/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

prendrefeu - how does free frame, $4k shipping sound?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

He just messaged me and said he's fine with it - send him an invoice and route the frame through my place first for inspection. :thumbup:

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Wcl4 wrote:nicrump - thanks for the link which addresses why it looks painted afterwards:
Notably, BMC originally painted the shells and tubes before assembly, using 6-axis robots. But today, shells and tubes are assembled first, then hand sprayed. “Our geometries were really too complex for the robot,” says Kaenzig. Until robots demonstrate sufficient agility and suitable quality-assurance measures can be developed, he says, “it is faster for us to paint by hand and have 100 percent assurance of the quality we need.”

It also explains why the flickr link in my first post looks better, as that was a first gen model with the red seat post.

Monkeyboy - the shot straight down on the top tube - the node is not squared off.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54067629@N ... otostream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/38573046@N ... 639011171/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

prendrefeu - how does free frame, $4k shipping sound?

maybe we are talking cross purposes...I meant that the tube doesn't look square in the joint...looks like the red node is pointing too far right to be square with the tube? you know what I mean? As I say it's probably just the photo or trick of the light...

Wcl4

by Wcl4

That's trick of the light/camera angle. I thought you meant the red piece was not squared off.

andyindo

by andyindo

Imaking20 wrote:
I don't like any of my bikes more than 6.8kgs. It's a psychological thing.

Now that's funny!

A psychological thing.... :noidea:

And I thought I was messed up....

zeyyur

by zeyyur

Sorry if I am restarting this thread again. I am looking to buy one of these second hand and it appears as frame is legit based on serial numbers.

Can you please repost those pictures of your BMC impec as the current flickr imaging link does not work as I want to compare your to my future frame.

Thank you.

ronaldhendra

by ronaldhendra

hi... I also have a 2013 BMC impec
the frame only weight was 1300gr size 53 racefit without bb, seatpost, fork and headset.
As i know you can see the fake frame from the seatpost, the fake frame seatpost was circle.

thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com