Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:35 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Dogma F8 with Pioneer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:55 pm 

Hi guys. Can't get a definite answer to this one as they all say "should be ok" but need to be sure before I lay my $'s down. Question that I need some help with. Pinarello Dogma F8, has anyone here know if the gen 2 Pioneer PM will be ok on the non-drive side? Clearance is tight and short of buying and trying I'm stuck. My closest shop is like 600k away. Clearance measurement are about 1mm less than Pioneer's minimum hence the dilemma. Anyone???

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:29 am 

Damn, not looking promising :(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:24 am 

http://www.bikerumor.com/2015/09/12/pio ... rics-more/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:21 am 

beanbiken wrote:
Hi guys. Can't get a definite answer to this one as they all say "should be ok" but need to be sure before I lay my $'s down. Question that I need some help with. Pinarello Dogma F8, has anyone here know if the gen 2 Pioneer PM will be ok on the non-drive side? Clearance is tight and short of buying and trying I'm stuck. My closest shop is like 600k away. Clearance measurement are about 1mm less than Pioneer's minimum hence the dilemma. Anyone???

I did some very rough measurements for you and the left side transmitter sticks out about 8-9mm. There are numerous factors like crank arm length though. If I were you, I'd tape a 10mm headset spacer to the tightest points of the frame or the crank arm and check the clearance.

Also if you do an image search on google for "dogma f8 pioneer" you will find at least 3-4 bikes equipped with the PM. Following those images you might find more info on it given there is no guarantee that it's not just a right side PM.

AND because the dogma still uses a threaded BB, there MIGHT be more clearance for the left PM than on other models like Trek, where the BB90 makes very tight places between the crank arms and the frame. I have a Trek Emonda and the clearance is fine. On my Cannondale there are plenty of space on both sides.

Based on this, if I were you, I'd go for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:49 am 

Thanks guys for your replies. I believe the BR article is about the sliming down of the DS pod. I was planing to get the dual leg but eventually split it up between my 2 bikes. I will try the spacer trick tomorrow as pioneer recommend a minimum of 12mm but I only have 11 or 11.5 at best at the 95mm point. Closer to the BB should not be an issue as that measures about 14.