Time xpresso pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spartan

by spartan

i have zero issues with over 1500 km on mavic slr ti. the pedals last as long a my old keos :(. loving the float/release mechanism

btw next year they go to 15... 133gm a pair f*** light. ceramicspeed bearing hollow ti axles

Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

russianbear

by russianbear

Probably a lower weight limit too :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

russianbear

by russianbear

Bumping an old thread. My pedals started making a clicking noise, just the right pedal. Pretty bummed since I really like the pedal system.

SkippyMcJimmelstein

by SkippyMcJimmelstein

Watch for cracks in the blade, after noticing it mine eventually fell off the right pedal mid ride but was easy to replace after prompt shipping from Time USA :)

limniki

by limniki

I am using Time Expresso Carbon 8 Pro. They seem to work. I have used time for years, starting with the white/red equipe. So far the new carbon pedals have performed as advertised with no sign of cracking. I like the floating and lightweight of the pedals.Plus, they look good on my stealth black colnago.

are

by are

I made the switch from old Look Keo's to xpresso 10s ... really like them, no issues so far at about 1k miles. I hope they continue to work well.

are

by are

Where are people buying cleat covers? I've done some searching online and haven't round anything.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Where are people buying cleat covers?

AFAIK none exist since there's no need for any.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

Grill

by Grill

fdegrove wrote:Hi,

Where are people buying cleat covers?

AFAIK none exist since there's no need for any.

Ciao, ;)

Except they do...
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/pedals-pedal-shoe-cleats-spares-accs-cleatskins-grips-pedal-cleat-covers/cleapedz200

jackie

by jackie

i had time xpresson carbon 8 on all my road bikes..
i have to admit that the cleats worn off too fast.. but it light and much easier to cleat in and the others.
the floats helps too.

latman

by latman

does anyone know the difference between 8s and 10 s? ....... 2s, 4s, 6s and 12s are clear

brighenne

by brighenne

The 10s have a carbon rather than composite body, which saves a claimed 5 grams.

Also, there's a 15 model, which adds ceramic bearings over the 12 model: http://www.time-sport.com/pedales/xpresso_17_m27.aspx

PLuKE

by PLuKE

Interesting post. I was looking at buying the Xpresso 2 replacing my Shimano R540 to save some weight (110g)

Cleat wear is alarming and pedals snapping!

Luke

vtspot

by vtspot

For the similar price range of DA pedal, i actually opted for time xpress 10. Light weight is my consideration. I didn't go for time xpresso 12 because it is more expensive, and pedal will be easily damaged if crash.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naylor343

by naylor343

I have been using time road pedals since the mid 80's and have sang there praises on this site. After all this time, last month I decided to move onto shimano SL's as I have just become so fed up with the problem of cleat wear. Even after investing in some very effective cleat covers and having a policy of never walking anywhere without them, I still found the newer time cleats to wear out unacceptably quickly.

It was a very hard decision to make as I was worried I would not cope with the more limited float, but have to say I wish I had changed them years ago. I must add, that if I felt I still needed the extra float I would have gone back to them and if people need that extra movement then they are perfect. But if you do not need the float then I would not recommend them with the current cleats as they are.