Time xpresso pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gtinut

by gtinut

for sure, add waterproof grease.

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

gtinut wrote:there is no need for sealed bearings. three or four of them with seals..... too much drag

Of course I agree but considering the performance before this is still a major upgrade. I also typically get caught in rain living in South Florida so hopefully the bearings last a tad longer.

:thumbup:
:beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

ipaul wrote:Hey FLtrooper, Thanks for the video. I'd say my experience upgrading the bearings rings pretty true to yours. One spindle was tight getting the bearings on. I also ended up using 4 bearings.

I originally replaced the large bearing but found it was causing all kinds of in and out slop, so put back the original which was better. Guess the thickness I used was slightly on the thin side.

Question, did your arrows on the plastic cap match with the direction of the threading? Curious as mine did not on one side.

No problem! I had a hard time figuring out what exactly was need within the 38 + pages and I can't read French so I figured I would try to help the future DIY'er!

I also noticed one pedal to have the arrows backwards... I assume that is the small price to pay for the small price we paid :thumbup:
:beerchug:

Wormiez

by Wormiez

Are you guys having any issues with other models of time pedals?

I don't see much reviews on time xpresso 15 with their ceramic speed bearings.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I remember looking at time pedals when I needed a set but to my surprise I saw the cleats weigh over 100gr. 110 I think it was. That is a good 85% more than the not particularly light spd-sl.

The pedals look great though and are super light. Just not the whole package...

/a

McGilli

by McGilli

alcatraz wrote:I remember looking at time pedals when I needed a set but to my surprise I saw the cleats weigh over 100gr. 110 I think it was. That is a good 85% more than the not particularly light spd-sl.

/a

Just weighed mine... Not seeing anything close to 100g or more...

Attermann

by Attermann

how come your cleats are red too? mine are just black

alcatraz

by alcatraz

McGilli wrote:
alcatraz wrote:I remember looking at time pedals when I needed a set but to my surprise I saw the cleats weigh over 100gr. 110 I think it was. That is a good 85% more than the not particularly light spd-sl.

/a

Just weighed mine... Not seeing anything close to 100g or more...

I'm confused. Could it be that a lower model including the screws and washers it's 110gr.

I realise that spd-sl cleats then probably also are much higher. How much I wonder...

/a

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Both SPD-SL as well as Look Keo cleats are standard 70g (including hardware).
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

McGilli

by McGilli

Attermann wrote:how come your cleats are red too? mine are just black

I have black too... same weight as the red.

And with all hardware and bolts...

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

Juanmoretime wrote:Without going thru all the pages of this thread, anyone know the size of the bearings? I just replaced the bushings.

I've got the packets the bearings came in at home, I will post the bearing sizes later today if someone doesn't beat me to it. I had a failure with one of the mini-bearings that I used to replace one of the bushes, so I'm going to try what the French guy originally suggested might work, that is try a needle bearing instead.

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

Juanmoretime wrote:Without going thru all the pages of this thread, anyone know the size of the bearings? I just replaced the bushings.

The bearings were MR128-2RS 8x12x3.5 sealed.

BRM

by BRM

At the bottom of a topic is a searchbox, this is for searching inside the current topic only.
(Not the same search as on top)

So put the searchterm bearings in it and you will find all the comments about bearings in this topic only.

:wink:

octave

by octave

hey everyone,

so, i am trying out a bit of weight weenie-ness for my new bike, and i am considering a set of Xpresso 12 pedals. i have been riding a set of 8s and a set of 6s on two different bikes and love them. my one concern with the 12 is the weight limit of 90kg. i am typically 78kg at my heaviest, 72 to 73 once the weather breaks and i really am able to ride.... add on a couple 3 or 4 kilos for all the clothes, shoes, helmet, phone, etc... maybe i am being too paranoid, but would i have to worry about the weight limit if i was around 83-84kg all kitted out?

thanks!

o

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

3Pio

by 3Pio

octave wrote:hey everyone,

so, i am trying out a bit of weight weenie-ness for my new bike, and i am considering a set of Xpresso 12 pedals. i have been riding a set of 8s and a set of 6s on two different bikes and love them. my one concern with the 12 is the weight limit of 90kg. i am typically 78kg at my heaviest, 72 to 73 once the weather breaks and i really am able to ride.... add on a couple 3 or 4 kilos for all the clothes, shoes, helmet, phone, etc... maybe i am being too paranoid, but would i have to worry about the weight limit if i was around 83-84kg all kitted out?

thanks!

o

U dont need to worry. Friend of mine use Xpresso 12 without problems and he weight about 78 kg + bike 7 kg (Pinarello Dogma F8) + clothes and gear.