Time xpresso pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AblackSEA

by AblackSEA

i moved from speed plays to the expresso 8's on my everyday bike for uni and general riding and haven't had any issues until hit riding home last month. Now have some 6's on it.

perform great, haven't had creaking like others, no issues with build quality either. One thing though is prepared to get your legs cut a bit if you miss or walking it along....................... but from what i've read about time pedals thats a common occurrence regardless of the model. :thumbup:

dcaspira

by dcaspira

Has anyone tried replacing the Platform on these pedals?

I have the 8's, no problems ~ 10'000kms and scratching my head on how it could be done?

Apparently you can buy them -

http://www.bikeinn.com/bike/pedals-road ... 015/s#ajax

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

indywagon

by indywagon

I purchased the Xpresso 12s last summer and really wanted to like them; the weight is amazing and unlike some, I love black and red. But they just didn't WORK very well! They did not engage as easily as I had hoped or been lead to believe, the float was not very smooth and they just didn't feel very solid underfoot. And yeah, the back edge cut my calf, too. So I dumped them on eBay and went back to my reliable if somewhat heavy Shimano DA 7900 pedals. Being a WW, I have the new Look Keo Blade Ti 2s on order.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Have ridden the 12 a few times now. I don't seem to be able to clip in as easy as the iClic it replaced. They do feel much more snug and with less movement of the cleat while in place. Love that. They do turn easy. Time will tell.

dcaspira

by dcaspira

Juanmoretime wrote:It appears there are two small nuts that get removed from the bottom of the pedal and then the plate just gets lifted off.

Agreed - but I'm kinda scared to pull these things apart.. they look delicate :?

dgasmd

by dgasmd

One thing to mention for the life of me I can comprehend why is even there is the very sharp corner in the middle outside edge of the pedal. I can see someone cutting their leg pretty good with this thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I agree they're not perfect but they feel better than LOOK's and Dura-Ace...if only the bearings were as good as the Shimano's...not even going to discuss Speedplay...

dcaspira

by dcaspira

dgasmd wrote:One thing to mention for the life of me I can comprehend why is even there is the very sharp corner in the middle outside edge of the pedal. I can see someone cutting their leg pretty good with this thing

Yep - I've cut my leg up. Then got a file out, and filed the outside corners down to a 5mm rad - I recommend this as the first thing you do when you buy a set.

No doubt a design oversight & I can't see them fixing it, mostly as they'd probably need to add some metal to the moulds ($$$ new moulds / inserts) to put a radius in there.

Lets wait and see :popcorn:

RC856

by RC856

Hi folks.
I've had a good look at both the Xpresso 12 and the Mavic version and am I missing anything?
Are they absolutely identical apart from the colour/branding?

I've had my RXS Carbon Ti for a while now. No problems at all but liked the look of the wider surface and less weight.
I was put off a wee bit by the red as it wouldn't match....picky I know :) so the Mavics appealed but it's hard to get myself away from the Time branding...even though I know they've collaborated!
I tell myself my foot would hide the red anyway!

Thanks

Grill

by Grill

No difference aside from color/branding. I'll be going with the Mavics just because I don't want any red on my pink bike... :P

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

RC856 wrote:Hi folks.
I've had a good look at both the Xpresso 12 and the Mavic version and am I missing anything?
Are they absolutely identical apart from the colour/branding?

Apparently there are differences on the final QC for the Mavic ones. But the big difference is that Mavic offer MP3 on theirs. Break em for any reason in the first 2 years and the replace them.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

What are the differences on the final QC? Which of TIme Xpresso 12 and Mavic Zxellium SLR Ti pedals has more stringent QC? Do you have a reliable source for the claim (I am awaiting your answer to even find out what you're claiming) of differences on final QC?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

HammerTime2 wrote:What are the differences on the final QC? Which of TIme Xpresso 12 and Mavic Zxellium SLR Ti pedals has more stringent QC? Do you have a reliable source for the claim (I am awaiting your answer to even find out what you're claiming) of differences on final QC?
Mavic apparently demand tighter qc. Source is Mavic.

Grill

by Grill

ultimobici wrote:
HammerTime2 wrote:What are the differences on the final QC? Which of TIme Xpresso 12 and Mavic Zxellium SLR Ti pedals has more stringent QC? Do you have a reliable source for the claim (I am awaiting your answer to even find out what you're claiming) of differences on final QC?
Mavic apparently demand tighter qc. Source is Mavic.

Of course the source is Mavic. Having dealt with many suppliers and reps I can tell you they love to spout all sorts of nonsense which isn't true.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

MP3 is worth it alone.

As for the bs reps etc spout, we'll see once we've sold a few more which has a higher return rate.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com