Weight Weenies
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/

08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=111685
Page 1 of 3

Author:  shoemakerpom2010 [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

Can anybody here tell me if its possible to install 175mm Hollowgram cranks with the standard 104mm BB on my 08 System six BB30? The shop called and said they hit the frame. The bike came with the Carbon Si 172.5mm but I got a deal on the Hollowgram setup but with 175mm arms. :noidea:

Author:  Weenie [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?


Author:  Dammit [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

System Six or Super Six?

I've run 175mm Hollowgrams on my System six with the 104mm axle no problems what so ever.

Author:  BeeBee30 [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

Change your shop :roll:

Author:  shoemakerpom2010 [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

Dammit wrote:
System Six or Super Six?

I've run 175mm Hollowgrams on my System six with the 104mm axle no problems what so ever.


Ok I just got back from the shop and while there I asked what the problem was. He said the lip of the bottom bracket prevented the left crank arm from being able to add spacers to bring it out to the point where it does not hit the frame. The shop is mainly a mtn bike shop with no high end road bikes. There is two other shops I can try that are dealers also. Do you thing he had the bottom bracket backwards?

Author:  shoemakerpom2010 [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

shoemakerpom2010 wrote:
Can anybody here tell me if its possible to install 175mm Hollowgram cranks with the standard 104mm BB on my 08 System six BB30? The shop called and said they hit the frame. The bike came with the Carbon Si 172.5mm but I got a deal on the Hollowgram setup but with 175mm arms. :noidea:


Sorry its a System Six which is wider then a Super as I was told.

Author:  BeeBee30 [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

Well the shell width on Systems and Supers is the same and the left hand arm doesn't need spacers, no idea what they are doing but if I were you I'd get my bike out of there pronto before they f*** something up :shock:

Author:  spud [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

Best to have someone else look at it. I run 175 on a System six and have no problems. With regards to the spacers, I'm having trouble visualizing your explanation - the BB spindle with the shoulder inserts from the NDS to the DS, and the spacers are added underneath the DS crank to fix the preload on the bearings.

Author:  shoemakerpom2010 [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

spud wrote:
Best to have someone else look at it. I run 175 on a System six and have no problems. With regards to the spacers, I'm having trouble visualizing your explanation - the BB spindle with the shoulder inserts from the NDS to the DS, and the spacers are added underneath the DS crank to fix the preload on the bearings.


I am going to take it to a shop that I know has at least 3 guys that probably have done this before. I didn't quite understand what he told me also but since I haven't taken it apart before myself I felt out of line saying he was wrong. What you say makes sense to his description except he said he had clearance issues.

Author:  maggierose [ Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

I'm a little drive but you could always bring it to me!

Author:  shoemakerpom2010 [ Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

maggierose wrote:
I'm a little drive but you could always bring it to me!


I only wish you were closer. :cry:

Author:  thisisatest [ Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

If the lip in the bb was preventing the left arm from being able to be "spaced out", they had the bb lip on the right side, which is the wrong side.
Left arm should be attached to spindle side with lip. Then the bearing shield. Then you stick it in the frame. Then, on the other side, there should be another shield, some preload spacers (id start with 2), then wavy washer, then right crankarm. Bam! you're done.
BTW, the right crankarm will not fit on the lip side of the spindle at all.

Author:  spud [ Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

wondering if your shop installed the BB spindle w/o the alloy bearing cover (can't recall exact assembly sequence).

Author:  oldnslow [ Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

I have a 2007 System Six and it came with the Carbon Si cranks.
I replaced them with Hollowgram SL cranks and everything works fine, both with the standard 104mm spindle and, later, the Cannondale SRM spindle. As mentioned above, the spindle is inserted from the NDS and the spacers are fitted on the drive side.
Should be no problem.

Author:  shoemakerpom2010 [ Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

oldnslow wrote:
I have a 2007 System Six and it came with the Carbon Si cranks.
I replaced them with Hollowgram SL cranks and everything works fine, both with the standard 104mm spindle and, later, the Cannondale SRM spindle. As mentioned above, the spindle is inserted from the NDS and the spacers are fitted on the drive side.
Should be no problem.


I just took it to a shop with a master cannondale mechanic that had a system (same model) and explained the situation. He said he would probally get to it today :wink:

Author:  stella-azzurra [ Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?

Look out master cannondale mechanic coming through :frightened: :lol: :lol:

Author:  Weenie [ Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 08 System Six with Hollowgram 175mm arms?


Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC+01:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/