Cannondales new Cypher helmet

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Slayer33

by Slayer33

So I just bought one of the new Cannondale Cypher helmets off eBay, it was "sort of" an accidental purchase. I don't really know much of anything about this helmet, I was going to buy the Teramo but had stumbled upon the Cypher with a "Make an Offer" option..

So I did, and the buyer accepted my offer. I ended up paying $50 more for the Cypher over the Teramo. Its going to match well with my SuperSix Liquigas replica frame :D

I tried to search for some details about this helmet but haven't had much luck.. I read it claims to be the lightest helmet on the market for 2013, yet I haven't seen any posted specs.

Does anyone know what the weight is of this helmet??

2009 Scott Spark 50 - 22.9 lbs / 10.38 kg
2011 Cannondale SuperSix 5 - 15.35 lbs / 6.96 kg

Brandonnie

by Brandonnie

Send it over to me and i could weigh it ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Slayer33

by Slayer33

hahaha.. I have yet to get it, it was just sent out today, so I'll have it in a couple weeks.. I guess by then I can weigh it..

No one has any idea? I'm surprised Cannondale doesn't list the weight..

I contacted the seller... pretty useless.. they first said it was $450 grams even..

I replied with "how can Cannondale claim the lightest on the market for 2013 at 450 grams!?!"

Then they replied back with "sorry, its 250 grams". That's still not right I don't think..

If Cannondale is claiming the lightest on the market, it has to be lighter than my Giro Prolight which is 181 grams.

CrimsonKarter21

by CrimsonKarter21

I had the Terramo for a few days last fall. The helmet fit AMAZING. The Cannondale sales rep who gave it to me said they're made by Rudy Project, which makes sense. It fit a lot like my Rudy Sterling, but with a different shape similar to Giro. The mechanism is nice and solid and the padding was nice. Wish I could have gotten the Cypher.

CrimsonKarter21

by CrimsonKarter21

I got to see and try on the Cypher tonight at a Cannondale info class. The fit is amazing and it is lightweight- Looking at 220g which is a bit off of my 190g Giro Aeon. Looking at the Cannondale website there isn't any mention of it being the lightest, but it is probably the most comfy helmet I've worn.

Slayer33

by Slayer33

CrimsonKarter21 wrote:I got to see and try on the Cypher tonight at a Cannondale info class. The fit is amazing and it is lightweight- Looking at 220g which is a bit off of my 190g Giro Aeon. Looking at the Cannondale website there isn't any mention of it being the lightest, but it is probably the most comfy helmet I've worn.

Oh that's awesome! I hope mine fits when it arrives.. I've always had issues with helmets and their sizing.. my head measures 58cm which seems to be right inbetween sizes.. but my Bell and Giro are both mediums so I think I'll be ok with the s/m of the Cypher

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com