Old Zipp 182 silver Campagnolo freehub accept 11 Speed?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dalai

by Dalai

I am looking to upgrade my bike and have a set of non-dimpled 404’s with Zipp 182 hubs – Silver Campagnolo compatible freehub as my race wheels.

I am still undecided on the groupset, but would like to continue using these wheels on the new bike. Most likely it will be either Campagnolo 11 speed or SRAM Red.

Campagnolo – is the silver Campagnolo freehub able to take Campagnolo 11 speed (Campagnolo FAQ's suggest 11 speed fits on 9/10 speed Campagnolo compatible wheels). Details on the Zipp site suggest otherwise. Or can this hub accept the later model coloured freehub which can be used with 11 Speed using an extra thin washer?

Or

SRAM - Swap the freehub to Shimano / SRAM compatible freehub and run either SRAM Red which will definitely fit. Question is will SRAM go to 11 speed soon too? Don't want to be on the last year before they change...

I have searched and emailed the Australian Zipp distributor but still definite answer.

Dalai

by Dalai

Looking further into this - it appears the model hub was known as the 202 and not 182...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com