Chris King upgrades on SS EVO?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PuroScattista

by PuroScattista

Went on CK's site looking to upgrade the headset on my Supersix Hi Mod frame set but looks as if CK does not make a fully integrated headset? Is there any option to upgrade or should I invest in a replacement OEM headset from cannondale-experts site? Any other maintenance upgrades I can do now before the build really begins will help much! :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmerka

by rmerka

No CK does not make IS headsets. It's like a philosophical thing with those guys... Cane Creek is one option for after OEM IS headsets.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

If you have the Supersix Evo Hi-mod 2013 or newer, you will be hard pressed to find lighter headset options, as the existing bearings are already ceramic, very light, and so is the top cap.

I had the upper bearing go bust on my frame, and replaced it with Cane Creek 110, increasing the weight by 14g in the process.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Oswald

by Oswald

There is not much that CK can add to an IS headset... It's just 2 bearings, a dustcap and some small parts.

rmerka

by rmerka

They could add some really kick ass bearings like they do with their bottom brackets and cool dust caps to the mix but they choose not to from, like I said before, philosophical reasons. Which I can totally respect.

http://chrisking.com/files/pdfs/Int20HeadsetsExplained.pdf

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mjduct

by mjduct

no bling on integrated stuff...